Minecraft (Automatic Java Version - Multiple Mods)

Dennis

3 hours ago, Dennis said:

That issue is fixed in the upcoming release of TCAdmin. It's not caused by the Minecraft config.

I was wondering why it didn’t start even after installing the modpack manually, it was because of a different start script (there was no custom jar). I created an alternative default command line in the config and after that I was able to launch the server.

You just need to replace:

-jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

with:

@user_jvm_args.txt @libraries\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.18.2-40.1.92\win_args.txt nogui

It depends on the forge version you are running and also the OS for the args file.

37 minutes ago, Dennis said:

That's most likely a result of the server not responding to queries. Check the activity log for the service.

The strange thing, it's only happening when a player is connected. When the server is in idle, no stop command.

You can see bellow the service log from log viewer :

31/01/2023 16:01:58    Start    Admin    ***.***.***.***    Control Panel
31/01/2023 16:12:08    Stop    SYSTEM    127.0.0.1    Monitoring (rule detected: server-ip<>127.0.0.1)

26 minutes ago, venomx96 said:

The strange thing, it's only happening when a player is connected. When the server is in idle, no stop command.

You can see bellow the service log from log viewer :

31/01/2023 16:01:58    Start    Admin    ***.***.***.***    Control Panel
31/01/2023 16:12:08    Stop    SYSTEM    127.0.0.1    Monitoring (rule detected: server-ip<>127.0.0.1)

Ok, just detected the difference between service ip and port. Testing later cause i can't fixe a problem with the server ip in another windows thread ...

• 1 month later...

Hello, 
I'm keep having an issue with the minecraft server, I've installed it directly from the TCAdmin template, not modified anything, but for some reason this happens: 

[15:41:28] [Worker-Main-5/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 88%
[15:41:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Time elapsed: 8111 ms
[15:41:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (10.561s)! For help, type "help"
[15:41:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting GS4 status listener
[15:41:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Thread Query Listener started
[15:41:29] [Query Listener #1/INFO]: Query running on 0.0.0.0:25565
stop
[15:51:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping the server
[15:51:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[15:51:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players
[15:51:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:overworld
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_nether
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_end
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (world): All chunks are saved
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM-1): All chunks are saved
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM1): All chunks are saved
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage: All dimensions are saved
[15:51:02] [Server thread/INFO]: Thread Query Listener stopped

Well, starting it with my public ip will not start the server.
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.17
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on PUBLIC:25565
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Using default channel type
[16:53:56] [Server thread/WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[16:53:56] [Server thread/WARN]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
[16:53:56] [Server thread/WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[16:53:56] [Server thread/ERROR]: Exception stopping the server
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "abr.o_()" because "â??" is null
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:592) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.u(SourceFile:619) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at aas.u(SourceFile:584) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.x(SourceFile:729) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:274) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) [?:?]

22 minutes ago, kzvnnnnn said:

Well, starting it with my public ip will not start the server.
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.17
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on PUBLIC:25565
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Using default channel type
[16:53:56] [Server thread/WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[16:53:56] [Server thread/WARN]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
[16:53:56] [Server thread/WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[16:53:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[16:53:56] [Server thread/ERROR]: Exception stopping the server
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "abr.o_()" because "â??" is null
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:592) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.u(SourceFile:619) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at aas.u(SourceFile:584) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.x(SourceFile:729) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:274) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) [?:?]

Are you behind an external firewall/router?

I have a router with a strong firewall, but the issue was that i was trying to bind it to the public ip, after binding it to the internal ip I was able to start the server and it is reachable inside and outside the network.

I didn't tried this at first because the other times hosting a server I was binding only without ip and it worked and never stop, and I've thought that binding it to the internal ip will only make it available on Lan connection but it wasn't the case.

Thanks for the help! 

17 hours ago, kzvnnnnn said:

I have a router with a strong firewall, but the issue was that i was trying to bind it to the public ip, after binding it to the internal ip I was able to start the server and it is reachable inside and outside the network.

I didn't tried this at first because the other times hosting a server I was binding only without ip and it worked and never stop, and I've thought that binding it to the internal ip will only make it available on Lan connection but it wasn't the case.

Thanks for the help! 

Yea always bind to internal IP behind external firewalls and then set the hostname to an 'A' record you have set to the public IP. Problem solved!

• 3 weeks later...

You can find updates in the service menu. It's on the left side, along with the File Manager, Commandlines, Service Settings etc.

The easiest way to add updates for Minecraft, is to use the following module:

4 hours ago, Dennis said:

You can find updates in the service menu. It's on the left side, along with the File Manager, Commandlines, Service Settings etc.

The easiest way to add updates for Minecraft, is to use the following module:

Oh thank you! I re-imported the config and now I see the Update option.

Is there any option to quick install Forge or it needs a manual installation?

Thanks again

Forge would require manual installation as of now. TCAdmin does however have have a feature called Custom Mods that you can configure. It would allow you to easily install modpacks from FTB and CurseForge.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, Dennis said:

Forge would require manual installation as of now. TCAdmin does however have have a feature called Custom Mods that you can configure. It would allow you to easily install modpacks from FTB and CurseForge.

Any plans to add support for forge installation as its common in MC!!

Thx

15 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Getting the following error when installing any FTB ModPacks

Local variable 'modloader_jar' referenced before assignment.

That's not an issue with the Minecraft config.

It's fixed in the next version of TCAdmin, though.

• 1 month later...

I've seen posts from January about this and replies saying it will be fixed in next tcadmin update.  I am running current version of tcadmin and i'm still getting it.  Was it fixed yet?   I had to install pack manually.

image.thumb.png.1a01cfe6ea71676ad140a597e43088c1.png

You're not running the latest version of TCAdmin if you're getting that error. It was fixed long ago.

Also, please note that the issue has nothing to do with the Minecraft game template. The Minecraft modpacks are part of the Custom Mods module for TCAdmin - please don't ask for support for that in this thread.