ARK and RCON

fjamieson

Anyone been able to send RCON broadcast messages to an ARK server?

Read an old thread that this did not work... hope it may have been fixed and I am just overlooking something.

RCON messages from a third party sender work, but not from within TCAdmin using a 'Scheduled Task'

Yes, it can be done. You'll need to put a copy of SourceRcon.exe (found in your tcadmin/Monitor/Tools folder) into your tcagame folder. Here's an example of one I use for Ark broadcasts on Linux. You can do it for Windows by removing the mono portion. I have the script prompt for variable to get the message they want to send.

MONO_PATH="" mono /home/tcagame/SourceRcon.exe ${ThisService_IpAddress} ${ThisService_RConPort} ${ThisService_RConPassword} "broadcast ${ThisService_BroadcastMessage}" &> /dev/null

You can use it for any RCON command that you want. Like I have one that issues destroywilddinos and other similar commands. If the command does not require input then just do "command"

Edited by KGM6911

It can be done using TCAdmin as well. Go to Current Activity and Stats, click RCon Client and send the command from there.

Same thing can be configured as a scheduled task.

Hi Dennis,

Initially tried it.. would not work..

Worked on KGM6911 for over an hour..

.. then ... figured.. let me give your method a try again.... it started to work.... weird!!

But Still cannot get it to schedule a message :-(

Thanks for your input and help!!

Edited by fjamieson

Yes, it can be done. You'll need to put a copy of SourceRcon.exe (found in your tcadmin/Monitor/Tools folder) into your tcagame folder. Here's an example of one I use for Ark broadcasts on Linux. You can do it for Windows by removing the mono portion. I have the script prompt for variable to get the message they want to send.

MONO_PATH="" mono /home/tcagame/SourceRcon.exe ${ThisService_IpAddress} ${ThisService_RConPort} ${ThisService_RConPassword} "broadcast ${ThisService_BroadcastMessage}" &> /dev/null

You can use it for any RCON command that you want. Like I have one that issues destroywilddinos and other similar commands. If the command does not require input then just do "command"

Thanks for the info..

Got it to work with a static message.. but cannot get it to give me a prompt :-( Thanks

Defined the variable (ThisServiceBroadcastMessage) as a Script Parameter.

Did the whole script config setup.. but it just gives me a "OK" "Cancel" block and no option to input the message..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by fjamieson

The variable I used was BroadcastMessage. The ThisService_ part is used to reference it from a script. Here is a Windows example. I didn't realize that this post was in the Windows section.

@echo off

C:\TCAFiles\Users\SourceRcon.exe %ThisService_IpAddress% %ThisService_RConPort% %ThisService_RConPassword% "broadcast %ThisService_BroadcastMessage%" >NUL

And you do need to have the BroadcastMessage variable able to be used as a script parameter like you mentioned. And of course check the box to allow the script to be scheduled. I have the execute as the services user checked too.

Edited by KGM6911

The variable I used was BroadcastMessage. The ThisService_ part is used to reference it from a script. Here is a Windows example. I didn't realize that this post was in the Windows section.

@echo off

C:\TCAFiles\Users\SourceRcon.exe %ThisService_IpAddress% %ThisService_RConPort% %ThisService_RConPassword% "broadcast %ThisService_BroadcastMessage%" >NUL

And you do need to have the BroadcastMessage variable able to be used as a script parameter like you mentioned. And of course check the box to allow the script to be scheduled. I have the execute as the services user checked too.

Thanks for the update and help.

• 6 months later...