Upgrading to v2

dimitrifrom31

Hey,

I checked about upgrade possibilities some time ago, there used to be a tool for it but it was not importing secondary gaming services.

Was there any progress with it.

If yes is there a quick how-to about how to proceed smoothly with an upgrade (I would have to perform it for 2 GSP's, about 600 and 5,000 game servers).

Any help/link will be apreciated.

If no progress was made on the upgrade tool, how should we go with secondary gaming services? Manually?

Thank you.

Yes but I'm also looking at some kind of procedure as we have a lot of machines, how should we proceed?

Install a new master server running v2 (beside the v1 or on another machine) ?

Then install v2 on each and every remote and import users then services then ts servers ?

Do you have to import users/services 1 by 1 or can you batch import?

As for secondary gaming services do they have to be imported as stand alone ones ?

thank you for your answer !

Yes but I'm also looking at some kind of procedure as we have a lot of machines, how should we proceed?

Install a new master server running v2 (beside the v1 or on another machine) ?

Then install v2 on each and every remote and import users then services then ts servers ?

<--You can install v2 on the same master/remotes as it uses different file paths. A simple but long process is:

1. Import all of your v1 cfg files then test them to insure everything works in v2.

2. You need to install each game first to make sure your v1 cfg works correctly in v2. This can be a time consuming process but you have to do it otherwise you could have a ton of complaining clients and crashing servers.

Do you have to import users/services 1 by 1 or can you batch import?

<-- You have to import the users first ( for obvious reasons you can't import a service if the user does not exist) which can be done by server or location, then you import there services by server/location.

You'll get a menu list with all the users/servers that you want to import. I don't remember but I believe you can import everything at once but I think Luis recommended doing it by server/location. This option will also help in trouble shooting issues which still arose when we migrated over.

As for secondary gaming services do they have to be imported as stand alone ones ?

<-- v2 has a script builder which will run a batch/script file with options when/where/how to install it.

I may have missed something as i can't go back and check because our v1 database has been removed.

Another question actually, is there any benefit to run master on linux other than on windows?

We are considering MySQL replication to give lower latency/response time between master and remotes/clients in our different locations, do you know if that is doable with windows AND linux ?

And is it possible to run multiple web frontends as well?

thank you