What are the best ways in increasing server porformance?

dantheman420

Next time buy an Opteron, or at least an AMD x2 system, then you won't need to ask about performance enhancements :)

From personal experience and from what i've read on lots of forums, Xeon's are awful for gaming. Mainly due to the restricted memory bandwidth I believe.

Don't shoot me, thats just my opinion ! :D

from past experiences, our dual xeon 3.2's spank a dual opteron 250 in terms of load averages.

We're about to order a set of woodcrest servers, which are supposed to be 40% more efficient than the older xeons.

In my opinion, intel is the only way to go.

Memory bandwidth comes into play with things like high concurrent connections, as opposed to sustained low transfer connections.

My .02

Chew

from past experiences, our dual xeon 3.2's spank a dual opteron 250 in terms of load averages.

We're about to order a set of woodcrest servers, which are supposed to be 40% more efficient than the older xeons.

In my opinion, intel is the only way to go.

Memory bandwidth comes into play with things like high concurrent connections, as opposed to sustained low transfer connections.

My .02

Chew

It isnt just about how much cpu cycles you can save.

Archived