Mods that require custom executables

Jak3z

I'm currently setting up my small machine with TCAdmin and i happen to get stuck on making stuff like SESE and Torch (Space Engineers) work as they both use Custom Executables.

I was wondering, is there any way to change the Executable File on Service Settings when you install it to match the one from the Custom Mod (For example, Torch as it runs outside the DedicatedServer64 folder)?

Any help is more than welcome as i'm currently super tangled and i'm kinda new to TCAdmin itself.

Method 1

Also with torch, just set it up as a game xml and install as a game service and you don't have to mess with stupid scripts.

Method 2

Just extract torch into the DedicatedServer64 game folder and run it from that folder.

Method 1

Also with torch, just set it up as a game xml and install as a game service and you don't have to mess with stupid scripts.

Method 2

Just extract torch into the DedicatedServer64 game folder and run it from that folder.

He must not be wanting Method 2 because Torch needs to be run outside of the DedicatedServer64 folder otherwise it will duplicate the path resulting in \DedicatedServer64\DedicatedServer64\ (It's hardcoded into Torch i think) and i guess Method 1 would be unnecessary if you have the Mod Manager and the Custom Scripts to sort it out.

He must not be wanting Method 2 because Torch needs to be run outside of the DedicatedServer64 folder otherwise it will duplicate the path resulting in \DedicatedServer64\DedicatedServer64\ (It's hardcoded into Torch i think) and i guess Method 1 would be unnecessary if you have the Mod Manager and the Custom Scripts to sort it out.

It states on there GitHub page that is CAN be run via DedicatedServer64 folder and i have been testing Torch through TCAdmin and it works fine and method 1 you can just disable the mod manager.

• 1 year later...

Forgive me for the thread necro... But how are we launching torch through TCAdmin?

EDIT: I can launch Torch.Server.exe, but that's it. It wont start the server or do anything else Obviously. From what I can tell Torch was not written to do so.

Are there some tricks to getting torch to run in the service environment?

Edited by Sipowicz