Server Name

smay3411

Hi All,

I have been searching the doco's and this forum I have a little problem that is driving me nuts it will be something simple but just carn't put my finger it.

after you create a server once you go to manage setup screen and server is running the name shows say 40 slot Dayz for instance instead on the server name the server config file says the server name fine just not in the panel

where can I fine this.

thanks in advance

Sean

Hi Sean.

The panel won't show the name initially as the name is actually not just read from the configuration file. The control panel will send a query to the server (and get a response with name, players, map etc) and then use the name. This value isn't updated in real time, so you might have to wait for a few minutes to see any changes.

If you don't use that setting, you will need to set the server name manually, don't you?

If you dont use that setting you only see "Gamserver Slot etc" but if you use then you see you server name which in the server config file.

I think how its work :D

If you dont use that setting you only see "Gamserver Slot etc" but if you use then you see you server name which in the server config file.

I think how its work :D

There will be a button next to the server name for changing the name.

Howdy All I unticked the hostname and you can manual put it in which worked

for some reason all my query are not working I am looking into it weather it is a windows server 2016 problem as in the ports etc.

thanks for you input

Cheers

Sean

Archived