Allow user to set map or other settings during order

Dennis

When using the TCAdmin2_advanced module for WHMCS, you can allow your user to predefine basically anything that can be controlled using a variable in TCAdmin.

Set up the variable

Start by going to System > Settings > Games & Other Voice Servers > Game > Variables and create a new variable (if you haven't already done so yet).

I've already created a variable called 'Map' for ARK: Survival Evolved that will control what map the service is starting with.

B1ihLVr.png

Some variables will require you to set a default value (like in my case, as the server can't start without a map being specified).

If the variable is going to be specified in a command line, specify it under 'Variable Options' and set any other options here as well.

If you're setting up a variable that's used for a commandline

Go to System > Settings > Games & Other Voice Servers > Game and select the Commandlines tab. Specify the default commandline as such:

![Map]?MultiHome=$[service.IpAddress]?Port=$[service.GamePort]?QueryPort=$[service.QueryPort]?RCONPort=$[service.RConPort]?MaxPlayers=$[service.Slots]?listen   

If you're setting up a variable that's used for a configuration file

Go to System > Settings > Games & Other Voice Servers > Game and select Configuration Files. Either add or edit the file that will contain the setting for the variable. Go to the 'Template' tab of the configuration file.

example.cfg

//This is just a fictional configuration file
server.Hostname=$[HostName]
server.IpAddress=$[service.IpAddress]
server.GamePort=$[service.GamePort]
server.QueryPort=$[service.QueryPort]
server.MaxPlayers=$[service.Slots]
server.Map=![Map]

Now we've added our 'Map' variable to the server.Map setting.

Configure WHMCS

For the sake of this tutorial, I'll be adding a Custom Field to a product using the TCAdmin2_Advanced module in WHMCS.

Go to Setup > Products/Services > Click the edit button next to your game and choose the Custom Fields tab.

I've setup the field like this:

EkwSBOt.png

You can specify a value that is sent to TCAdmin and a value that is shown to the client when ordering like this:

TCAdminValue|VisibleToClient

The code from my screenshot will therefore look like this:

7btWXOQ.png

Now we just need to tell TCAdmin to use this value.

Go to yourwhmcsinstallation/modules/servers/tcadmin2_advanced and create a new file (called gamename.php fx). Include the following code in the file:

---------

https://pastebin.com/wnHLMriA (the forum kept messing up the post when adding more code)

---------

Be sure to update NameOfYourTCAdminVariable and NameOfYouCustomField with whatever you've named them in TCAdmin and WHMCS.

Example:

---------

https://pastebin.com/B76frbEa

That's it. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :)

Read more about sending custom variables through WHMCS here: https://help.tcadmin.com/TCAdmin2_advanced_module_for_WHMCS#Sending_Custom_Variable_Values

Archived