Wreckfest Workshop

CaMo

Good Evening,

Call me noob but I love the workshop download feature in TCA, I am having an issue changing the install directory for the mods it downloads. It downloads the mod fine but won't place those files in the correct directory.

Am i being a noob about this or what??

Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks, Camo

You are meant to create a custom script to move the files into the correct directory on the game server.

Take a look at the documentation on the feature, and the Sample Scripts should give you an idea how to do it. https://help.tcadmin.com/Workshop_Browser#Sample_Scripts

If you are still struggling i'm sure some of us here will help you on the forums

I will say thank you and that i am an idiot for not checking the feature set before hand. Last time i check there it wasn't there :S or i wasn't looking.

I am definitely not skilled enough for python scripting but will look in to it.

I only host servers for friends and do this as a part time thing haha

You can edit this basic script to move the files.

import clr; 
from System.IO import File, Path, Directory; 
from System import String;

installFolder = Path.Combine(ThisService.RootDirectory, String.Format("Path/To/Where/Workshop/Files/Install/To/{0}", FileId))

Directory.Move(InstallPath, installFolder )

I've never hosted a Wreckfest server, maybe it doesn't have to install onto the server, maybe it just makes use of a config file to put the ID's in?

If thats the case you can make use of the Variable options for workshop then use that variable in the config file.

• 6 months later...

I have this set for installing the mod to correct folder however a line has to be amended to the server_config.cfg which is in the game root directory.

The line to append is mods =

I have tried altering other codes (ark alter .ini and other scripts as well as trying to learn/look at python tutorials) for other mods to make it write the FileId to end of mods = however to no avail. Any clear people out there that can shed light. (Help me learn as we go).

Cheers

jungle (James)

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, jungleNZ said:

I have this set for installing the mod to correct folder however a line has to be amended to the server_config.cfg which is in the game root directory.

The line to append is mods =

I have tried altering other codes (ark alter .ini and other scripts as well as trying to learn/look at python tutorials) for other mods to make it write the FileId to end of mods = however to no avail. Any clear people out there that can shed light. (Help me learn as we go).

Cheers

jungle (James)

I got it sorted, thanks to ARK script and reading/setting it properly. Config file has been updated.

• 10 months later...

A little help from this fine community.

I got  the scripting to work for workshop mods etc... Works fine in grabbing files and placing codes where necessary however it does not want to work with the larger files. (Seems ones of about 1GB and above)

It will place pick in installed section but no id number appears in mods folder or in config.

Any ideas on how to allow the larger files to load (also any way to look at where it stalls).

Cheers

Edited by jungleNZ