Forum Theme

ucjohn

Forums Theme  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer? TCAdmin Colors

• White/Blue
    • Dark/Grey
    • Both - Selector

Seeing what type of theme you would like to see the forums. I know some people saying they like the default Invision Theme or this white one, but I want to hear the community opinion and poll.

Dark/Grey

Light/Blue

I want this to be something the community will enjoy for a long period of time, lets make this the best TCAdmin Forums possible!

• ucjohn pinned and featured this topic

The default theme is the best of the two currently available. There are too many design flaws with the 'TCadmin_2020' theme.

The obvious answer for this poll is both - there's really no reason to just go with one if it's possible to get both ?

4 hours ago, DennisMidjord said:

The default theme is the best of the two currently available. There are two many design flaws with the 'TCadmin_2020' theme.

The obvious answer for this poll is both - there's really no reason to just go with one if it's possible to get both ?

How is there many design flaws? As it's a professional paid for theme that I made edits to in order to follow tcadmin colors.

1 minute ago, ucjohn said:

How is there many design flaws?

1. The color pattern couldn't possibly get any worse. Without navigating away from this page, I see 3 different shades of green and  4 shades of blue.
  2. Adding to that, some text are hard to read. Either dark text on dark background or light text on a light background.
  3. The author pane color doesn't match anything on the website
  4. Text in the menu shouldn't be green - would look best as white
  5. Overuse of box-shadow

Mostly, it all comes down to colors - they're really poor and makes the theme look bad. Having different colors for everything is just a very bad idea for design.

It also seems like the default theme has seen some changes, unfortunately. It looked better when it was 100% default.

2 minutes ago, DennisMidjord said:
  1. The color pattern couldn't possibly get any worse. Without navigating away from this page, I see 3 different shades of green and  4 shades of blue.
  2. Adding to that, some text are hard to read. Either dark text on dark background or light text on a light background.
  3. The author pane color doesn't match anything on the website
  4. Text in the menu shouldn't be green - would look best as white
  5. Overuse of box-shadow

Mostly, it all comes down to colors - they're really poor and makes the theme look bad. Having different colors for everything is just a very bad idea for design.

It also seems like the default theme has seen some changes, unfortunately. It looked better when it was 100% default.

I'm working on a custom theme, so I appreciate the feedback, I've changed some settings to reduce the color palette as the theme TCADMIN 2020 isn't my theme it's a paid theme I'm constantly trying to adjust it.  I've enabled the dark mode which doesn't have any changes made to it refresh top corner you'll see a moon that'll toggle it. 

I've revised the theme now.

Removed the shadow boxes

Put a 1px border and removed some of the rounding.

Fixed the blue to match across the entire theme.

Fixed the footer colors.

Fixed Poll colors.

Adjusted a few other elements to make it a better viewing experience.

Only for Day Version of theme.

Unfortunately I'd have to recode the entire header so that the dark logo is used in dark mode. It's not a huge deal the current way, until I get time to recode it. 
Cant you just inject CSS?

Ill give you all the lines i changed so you can copy paste?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Bubka3 said:

Looks like the default theme has been disabled. How disappointing.

I have cleaned up the theme alot and I can enable default theme. I'm curious for input, what makes the default theme better than the TCADMIN theme? 

As they both are equivalent and both clean looking.