MyPHPadmin for templates

Rislem

Hi Guys

I am quite stupid with Sql so I am hoping someone with experience can help me. So I am trying to add the Mysql DB when I create a server, so I got all of that right now I am trying to link it to Myphpadmin but here is the snag

So wherever I read I will need both Apatche and PHP installed, so most recommend Wampserver Which is cool looks nice, but it installs its own version of Sql, how can I get it to use the already installed Mysql that is on my server? I would generally not care to much about starting from scratch but the Server I am trying to run it from has my TCadmin on it so I cant just shut it down. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I maybe backup my TCadmin DB on Mysql I already have, shut down Mysql, install Wamp and attack my TCadmin DB back or again how can I install Wamp and let it use my current Mysql instead of making a new one.

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

It seems like WampServer will not let you install without also installing a MySQL/MariaDB server. With XAMPP, you will however be able to install without installing MySQL also.

You can also use the built-in IIS webserver in Windows Server.

Your own suggestion about importing the TCAdmin database into the MySQL server delivered by Wamp will also work just fine.

Just take a backup before doing anything. All of your data for TCAdmin exists in that MySQL database. As long as you create a backup, there's nothing to worry - you can always import the database again.

But be absolutely certain that you have a working backup.

yeah cant get tcadmin to start up again, so I exported all DB using the wizard, 

Then went to services disabled tcadmin and MySQL

Started up WAMP edited everything so its same port and password

Logged into the new sql using workbench, imported TCadmin DB

Started tcadmin in services, wont load. I dunno

So I stopped Wamp, stopped TCadmin services, started Mysql services again and started Tcadmin again.