TCAdmin 1.0 on Linux?

Hostaddicts

Hey there!

We are considering buying TCAdmin, but we'd rather use the old TCAdmin 1.0 instead of the new 2.0, as we believe the design and overall user experience was better "back in the days". However, all of our servers are running Linux (which, after doing extensive research, is the preferred operating system for game hosting), but can see on the website that TCAdmin 1.0 does not support Linux. Is this true? Is there some sort of way we can still run TCAdmin 1.0 on our Linux systems, or are we sort of forced to use the new 2.0? Do let me know, and thanks for your time! 🙂

Stay awesome,

Hostaddicts!

On 6/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, Hostaddicts said:

However, all of our servers are running Linux (which, after doing extensive research, is the preferred operating system for game hosting)

To be fair, I don't think Linux is the preferred operating system for game hosting. It might be what most people use, but resource usage of game servers running on Windows is lower - and by a lot for some game servers. I think the reason most people choose Linux is to avoid the cost for a Windows license and to be free of having to reboot after most updates. But in my oponion (and what I think most people who've hosted game servers on both Linux and Windows can agree with), game hosting on Windows is overall a better experience.

To answer your question: Yes, TCAdmin v1 will only run on Windows. I think you should try go with TCAdmin v2. It's been receiving massive updates, and now you can basically customize everything. The entire design is getting an overhaul. If you want to create your own design, you can.

Archived