Hyped gaming?

Daersun

I think it all comes down to what you consider a good customer.

Yes I agree that if you treat an IRC customer great, they will return the favor and become a "company name" fanboy. However, these are the first guys who do not understand the difference between say bellsouth routing problems and issues with your servers. These are the same guys who install a mod that crashes their server and demand you not only fix their server but also install and customize their mod.

I have probaly 70% of my customer that have been with us for over 3 months and never put in a ticket. I consider these good happy customers. I didnt attempt to sell them, Ididnt have to lower my price via the IRC price negotation attempts. They saw my site, tested my servers, bought and are happy.

THESE are the perfect customers.

That being said, if you put in alot of time required to make an IRC customer happy, it will pay off.

And on the subject of hyped gaming. I think EVERYONE here took about 6 months to really learn what they were doing before they turned into a real company. I think these guys are going to spend their money before they understand what they are getting themselfs into.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to add an update here about the GriffinRun fiasco.. I've been told by a number of past customers of GriffinRun that they didn't bother telling anyone they were going out of business.. One day all the servers just went down and that was that..

The new owners have failed to rectify this with them so basically everyone got screwed by the old and new owners..

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if hyped-gaming wasn't some how related to GriffinRun or a ploy on GR's part to get out of debt with internap... They both seem to have the same disregard for customers..

I dont even use IRC. I dont know how much of a negative this is for my company, but at the end of the day, anyone can contact support on the forums, through tickets online, through sending an email to support (built into the support system IMAP) or phone support.

I sometimes idle on MSN but I tend to notice a huge surge of people asking for support that is time wasting. You know the types, the ones who ask you to configure a mod, or how to do something, without researching.

Its a lot less professional also

I dont even use IRC. I dont know how much of a negative this is for my company, but at the end of the day, anyone can contact support on the forums, through tickets online, through sending an email to support (built into the support system IMAP) or phone support.

I sometimes idle on MSN but I tend to notice a huge surge of people asking for support that is time wasting. You know the types, the ones who ask you to configure a mod, or how to do something, without researching.

Its a lot less professional also

Here here!

On the hyped gaming thing My group was one that got screwed but im not standing down.Im turning everything over to my cc company, invoices and all email and support tickets from hyped gaming.

They acted like they wanted to help all they asked for was my invoice were we paid for a year (like i wouldnt have it lol )After i said i had it and sent it i was blocked and had to use a proxy server to view there site nice heh.

So after countless emails that went unanswered we have decided to turn it over to a higher power.

I have been hearing the same things so your not alone. The best thing to do is call your CC company and dispute the charges. Companies like this think they can do what they want and get away with it.. This is what gives honest hosters a bad name..

Keep us posted on how you make out.

Will do ,the cc company wants copies of all emails and invoices.I wish i had all the info on all the clients they are treating the same way ,can you say "class action"

I had contacted the the previuos owners of griffinrun about 3 weeks ago when this (servers shutting down) was going on.They told me that all the current clients where in the buy out contract it was a base of about 250,and to go after hyped for my groups money.They also told me that they went under due to the contract on bandwidth pricing and the provider not wanting to change there rates.

However this pushed us to do what we have been talking about for over a year "Getting our own Machine".So we hope for the best.I feel we have a good provider.

I love google, you find a lot of great information.

Let me start off by saying. No, we are not just a couple guys with a few big dreams, this is a business to us Not a hobby. We did not 'get all of GriffinRUNs debt' as many assumed. We love what we do, and we have the financial backing to do so (we did not mortgage our houses ;) )

Are we not being cautious with our funds? Many think so, but as few know we do have a lot of plans for the gaming industry just like everyone else does. Our company took us more then a few weeks to build up, we didn't just poof! appear, it took a lot of hard work, hours on the computer, and a lot of gas to travel everywhere to meet with each other. We are not some kiddie company, although some think.

Secondly, to answer the questions about the GriffinRUN customers, we are trying to help each of you. And we did not, nor will we ever block someone from our website so they can not view it. Why would we?

You can read more information about the GriffinRUN ordeal here:

http://forums.hypedgaming.com/viewtopic.php?t=71

I made a nice topic about it, so all of the users/past/current GriffinRUN customers can check it out, and get information about how we are proceeding. I hope this was some help for some of you, as I do not want any hard feelings going around thinking we are trying to somehow rip off the customers of GriffinRUN, or anyone for that matter. That is not why we are here, nor why we were put together.

Highest Regards,

- Brian Lowell :smile:

Heh, a bit quick to judge now aren't you?

The above individual has had assistance by not only myself, but a majority of our staff as well. There is not much we can do for him, but we have offered him everything as we stated in our informational post that I made up just for that reason (listed in my above reply).

As far as who we were ebay user wise, we were: unique*gifts, thank you to my co-owners account as which I did not have one.

Any further questions before I get a bite to eat? Don't want you to think I am here just to advertise my signature or something. I actually was taking interest into TCAdmin, looking into further details on how it operates. As well as the fact I would like to make sure everything is straight before rumors start.

Regards,

- Brian Lowell

It wasn't botched Jordan, It was a set up..

But since you asked HGN-Daniel, You can start by taking care of the customer that you apparently blocked from your site and refuse to answer emails from.. If this is the kind of business you are running it would be interesting to see how far you go in this industry if this isn't the way it appears to be please explain to the readers here what the deal is since you barged into this topic anyway it's the least you could do is explain some of these questions..

It wasn't botched Jordan, It was a set up..

But since you asked HGN-Daniel, You can start by taking care of the customer that you apparently blocked from your site and refuse to answer emails from.. If this is the kind of business you are running it would be interesting to see how far you go in this industry if this isn't the way it appears to be please explain to the readers here what the deal is since you barged into this topic anyway it's the least you could do is explain some of these questions..

Actually, I didn't ask your opinion, plus you should just stop because I really don't care what you think (especially when you don't know both sides of the story). I'm not trying to be rude, but if you persist this I am going to get 'aggressive'. (You should really try to figure out the facts before you post. (ie: The Velocity comment, accusing us of scamming))

Actually, I didn't ask your opinion, plus you should just stop because I really don't care what you think (especially when you don't know both sides of the story). I'm not trying to be rude, but if you persist this I am going to get 'aggressive'. (You should really try to figure out the facts before you post. (ie: The Velocity comment, accusing us of scamming))

See this is just not how a professional business acts. You need to understand people are going to attack you, you need to learn how to redirect and diffuse, otherwise your going nowhere.

See this is just not how a professional business acts. You need to understand people are going to attack you, you need to learn how to redirect and diffuse, otherwise your going nowhere.

Well, we don't appreciate being attacked just because someone doesn't know their facts, especially when we're doing our best provide the best services we can. If Richard posted like you, Daersun, I wouldn't be so offended because you manage to say what you want without blatant bashing.

Example: 'This is what gives honest hosters a bad name..'; 'It wasn't botched Jordan, It was a set up..'

You have it backwards friend, I accuse you of nothing. I ask questions so we can put the rumors to rest.

I'm quite sure there are many folks that would love to hear the "facts" which is why I asked you no less then 3 times already.

As I said above you can start by explaining why so many GR customers are accusing your company of bad business. I do not know which is why I think it is important for you to explain.

In closing. Don't threaten me with getting aggressive. I am owner of one of the oldest GSP's on the internet and have nothing to hide. We enjoy a very good reputation.

Alright, I'm going to post once more to clear things up:

We offer compensation for any GriffinRun customers that reorder with us for any downtime that they had. In addition to that we give compensation for twice the amount of downtime they experienced during the paid period. Alot of these customers are just complaining because we took their servers down, but we did not steal their money. We did not accept any more payments after the acquisition, and some customers actually had a free server for a short period of time because they didn't pay to continue their services with GriffRun (because we weren't accepting them). We hoped the post on our forums would clear everything up, but obviously not.

If you are a previous GriffinRun customer and experienced downtime during a paid period, we advise you to reorder with us then proceed to filling out a ticket at https://hypedgaming.com/clients and you will then be issued credit for your downtime. (You will require valid invoices and other proofs of purchase to recieve it.)

Again, this is all found on our forum post.

Archived