Discord bot host support and game server API integration?

Sukkerpups

This might be a wierd one, and might be possible through a script or module. I have no idea. Here is my suggestion anyways.

Admin:
By default I would like to see the ability to host Discord bots from TCAdmin as a service, that comes with a premade  "template" of dependencies (or blank) at installation and where you can enter your Bot token, so a bot are up and running at end of server installation.

Clients:
After the creation of a discord server by admin, clients will  have the ability  to enter their bot token and have access to upload folder and files, with a start/stop button.

I have multiple  community focused Rust servers running, and i'm self hosting simple .js bots from the server. So there can be more "advanced" futures to this as well, like pulling API key for a Rust server from maybe "rust-servers.net", like the image below, or to have this API key future integrated to TCAdmin itselfe (not sure if possible already??).
2020-12-11_23h32_10.png.44d5ffec314489c570a190c7619f9bcc.png

With game server API integration of some sort, this future can expanded to give clients the ability  to create game server banners as well, directly from TCAdmin. To let them have the option to pick from a default game server banner, or let the client upload their own background to the banner. Then they can copy/paste a generated url which they can post on their website, forum or other places. This way clients never have to go to a third party website to recieve a game server banner. As a graphical website designer by trade, i can supply default backgrounds for banners for free as well.

Personally I have never seen these futures in other game server control panels before, except ones that are to limited and are pulled from third party websites (and to be honest, they look ugly!). And who knows, there might be a reason for it that i can't think of.

I guess this suggestion is more than one suggestion. Personally i see these futures as a huge bonus for a client, specially  for those with a minecraft/rust/csgo and steam servers in general.

There might be a better way of doing all of this this, but it's a suggestion nonetheless 🙂

Tell me what you guys think.

Edited by Sukkerpups

• Sukkerpups changed the title to Discord bot host support and game server API integration?
2 minutes ago, Sukkerpups said:

Admin:
By default I would like to see the ability to host Discord bots from TCAdmin as a service, that comes with a premade  "template" of dependencies (or blank) at installation and where you can enter your Bot token, so a bot are up and running at end of server installation.

If/When TCAdmin gets docker support, this would probably be the first thing people would work on getting working. Since TCAdmin hosts applications straight from the OS, every remote in the TCAdmin cluster would need to have python, node.js or whatever framework the people whom make discord bots installed on the remotes. And this is just... effort and difficult to maintain. If we had docker support we can allow the client to use their own docker image to host their bot.

4 minutes ago, Sukkerpups said:

Clients:
After the creation of a discord server by admin, clients will  have the ability  to enter their bot token and have access to upload folder and files, with a start/stop button

4 minutes ago, Sukkerpups said:

With game server API integration of some sort, this future can expanded to give clients the ability  to create game server banners as well, directly from TCAdmin. To let them have the option to pick from a default game server banner, or let the client upload their own background to the banner. Then they can copy/paste a generated url which they can post on their website, forum or other places. This way clients never have to go to a third party website to recieve a game server banner. As a graphical website designer by trade, i can supply default backgrounds for banners for free as well

I already have this. *Sort of* but I don't have the time, or motivation to work on it. 

Alexr03/TCAdminServerBanner: Customizable server banner for each game config. (github.com)

So if anyone wants to pick it up and work on it, be my guest.

Alright. It's nice to see that these futures are being processed tho, in one way or another. Let's cross fingers for docker support then 🙂 And i wish i was an advanced programmer, because that github serverbanner would have been completed in a heartbeat (cough)! You have made good effort on it so far tho, kudos for that! Let's hope someone in here get's motivated by your work and completes it. I would actually pay for a premium future like this, because i know it would be a populair future among my small, but lojal clientel.

I didn't even know about the "Nexus Discord Bot". That's a nice little future for sure, thanks a bunch for mentioning it!