Need help/advice with creating Conan Exiles server

racarnevali

Believe me, I hate asking such generic questions because I come from an IT background, but I could use a hand setting up a Conan Exiles dedicated server using TCAdmin version 2. The server administrator and a few other key people for our gaming community left suddenly to start their own community. They took down the servers and took the games with them. So the owner of our community put up new hardware (a nice new Windows Server box), put up TCAdmin, and gave me access to it so I could get Conan Exiles running. I have experience with Windows Server, but not starting up a dedicated CE server (I have no experience running SteamCMD). I also have no experience with TCAdmin. I administered the CE Server in that I controlled the in-game settings, patched it using pre-made scripts, updated files, etc. I just never started one from scratch, and TCAdmin and Steam is giving me a run for my money as other games are on hold until I can get this one running.

We have the Conan Exiles template set up. I ran the routine to install the server. It appears to have done so as the directory structure is there and files are in it. When trying to actually start the service though, there's an error and it won't start. And I have no idea where to start. I'm not sure what a good installation is supposed to look like in terms of the templates, file structures, TCADmin setup, etc. 

Yeah, I know it's a very generic request for help, but I could use a nudge in the right direction from someone who's put up a Conan Exiles server using TCAdmin. I appreciate anyone who could spare a little bit of time and knowledge.

31 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Have you tried running the service manually? https://help.tcadmin.com/Troubleshooting_Game_and_Voice_Services

Some games require Visual C Runtime or DirectX (or a third software) to work. Make sure you have all the dependencies installed.

Thanks for getting back to me. I started to learn more about SteamCMD. I believe I got the TCAdmin to perforem udpates so that the updates were going into the proper directory. I tried starting it manually with "Startserver.bat". I got an error stating I needed Visuall C++ and DirectX runtime. I installed the Visual C++, but upon researching DirectX, it's supposed to come with Windows Server 2016, but the server software seems to think it's not there. I added DirectPlay as a feature/role for the Windows Server, but it doesn't seem to be doing it.

I managed to get 'er up and running. Even though Server 2016 has DX12 built in, you should install the older components. I found a DirectX Web Installer that installed all of the old packages up to DX 12. That did the trick. I had to put some command-line options in the TCAdmin fields so that when SteamCMD ran, it installed to the proper folders. Through changing a setting at a time, I managed to get it up and running. I have to work out a couple quirks, like the server not being properly queried by directory, but that's a job for tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, racarnevali said:

I managed .......... I have to work out a couple quirks, like the server not being properly queried by directory, but that's a job for tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Haha, I have just spent the day sorting these bloody servers to be read on external serverlists. Turns out you do not need queryport in commandline but must set new line in engine.ini 

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
GameServerQueryPort=$[service.customport1]

You also need to add port number to customport1 in ports. (set 1 above the queryport.

Still issues with in panel querying - HalfLife new (utf8) does not work but I get some response with config file parser set.

Hope this helps.

16 hours ago, jungleNZ said:

Haha, I have just spent the day sorting these bloody servers to be read on external serverlists. Turns out you do not need queryport in commandline but must set new line in engine.ini 

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
GameServerQueryPort=$[service.customport1]

You also need to add port number to customport1 in ports. (set 1 above the queryport.

Still issues with in panel querying - HalfLife new (utf8) does not work but I get some response with config file parser set.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I didn't know that!

Archived