[Feature Request] Add "Download from Url" to File Manager

Here's how I'd like to see this work:
Insert Direct link and it downloads the file.
   Examples:
   link.com/file.txt
   link.com/file.zip
   link.com/file.png

Multiple downloads at once. (With a limit option.)
   Example:
   +Add Link button opens a second link option

File size max.
Download Speed limit for URL downloads.
Cooldown before starting more downloads.
Files are scanned for viruses after download.
 (Deleted files automatically if viruses detected)

I'm not really familiar with TCAdmin-V2  or Any game panel at all, I just recently set this up and I'm learning as I go since it simplifies how I host my own games and I can let my friends use it. If this is already around I'm very sorry for suggesting it, I will do more research to figure out how it works if it exists already.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Idea and I hope it can be implemented without issue. 

- TwistedZb

Screenshot 2021-04-22 015638.png

3 hours ago, Ragonz said:

So the file manager is for users to look at their gameserver files/edit them/download them, the file manager is not somthing you would use to download files from anything other than the gameserver.

If the files you want to download are mods to the game, you can download other files by using the mod system in tcadmin https://help.tcadmin.com/Mods

The mod system limits the user to only being allowed to use the mods we add I think, correct me if I'm wrong. 

I was just hoping they would be able to download things into the file manager so they could add their custom mod packs/add-ons without having to sit there uploading it all from their own connection. 

Yea thats not what the file manager is for, if you have mods that are popular add them to the mod manager so people can install them in one click

You could probably do what you want using scripts wget + variable for users to enter web url's but allowing people to download whatever they want straight to your servers is a huge security risk (TCAdmin does not do antivirus)

6 hours ago, Ragonz said:

Yea thats not what the file manager is for, if you have mods that are popular add them to the mod manager so people can install them in one click

You could probably do what you want using scripts wget + variable for users to enter web url's but allowing people to download whatever they want straight to your servers is a huge security risk (TCAdmin does not do antivirus)

I simply posted an idea in the idea section of the forums. To you it might seem obsolete but to others it might be a nice option they could enable if they choose to.

If you don't think file manager should be used that way, then you should disable the option if you don't want it.

I personally don't see any issues with adding the feature but I appreciate your point of view.

I think this is a good idea for companies to offer, especially if a file extension whitelist or something similar was part of it.

Of course any files uploaded to a server are a security risk to some degree, but it's would be a nice general option for hosts to offer. Like Twisted mentioned, hosts don't have to enable it if they don't want it. The option would be nice, however.