What is the Correct commandline to run MC Forge

Faith13

I have a server running on Forge with Allthemods7 - It runs perfectly fine when start the server manually via terminal using the run.sh, However when I try to start the server via TCAdmin it starts the forge server without the mod pack.  The funny thing is the minecraft_server.sh used by TCAdmin is exactly the same as run.sh

I cannot figure out for the life of me why TCAdmin is starting the server differently and without the Modpack.

Also can any of you experienced Geniuses help me set up the ability to update Forge/Modpack within TCAdmin i cannot figure that out either.

I am very new to MC servers using TCAdmin. Ive been through hell and back this past couple of weeks trying to figure stuff out. The forum searches are not finding anything that can help me.

Thank you in advance to anyone that is able to help me.

• 3 weeks later...

First and foremost you'll need to install Java 17 on your machine;

https://github.com/AllTheMods/ATM-6/wiki/Java-Versions
There are the provided distros from the  ATM Team;

Secondly; You'll need to point your command line at that java distro and run the forge JAR;

"C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk-17.0.2+12\bin\java.exe" -Xmx{MAX_MEMORY}M -Xms{START_MEMORY}M -jar forge.jar nogui

next you'll want to add the recommended launch params per the ATM team; 

-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true

Your launch line should look like this ofcourse with your selected {MIN_MEM}, {MAX_MEM} and forge.jar being updated to show the correct verbiage

"C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk-17.0.2+12\bin\java.exe" -Xmx{MAX_MEMORY}M -Xms{START_MEMORY}M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true -jar forge.jar nogui