Complete Newbie

DaveTurnbull

I'm planning on buying TCAdmin in a couple of months, mainly to just mess around with, but I'm a complete newbie with this kind of stuff.

Do I just installed TCAdmin on any old web host, and then it connects to a different server (using IP, port, username, password), transfers the game files, and *ta da* it works?

Is that the jist of it?

Regards,

Dave

Prepare for flamage...lol j/k

TCAdmin is VERY far from an "out of the box" resource. Consider it more a "tool". You must install each and every game and configure it to run correctly. TCAdmin requires the game servers on your box (or transfered from the master box) ther eis not "central hub" to conenct to for all the files.

Im glad you said "A few months". If this is really something your intrested in sit back and take your time and plan for everything.

Good luck.

Prepare for flamage...lol j/k

TCAdmin is VERY far from an "out of the box" resource. Consider it more a "tool". You must install each and every game and configure it to run correctly. TCAdmin requires the game servers on your box (or transfered from the master box) ther eis not "central hub" to conenct to for all the files.

Im glad you said "A few months". If this is really something your intrested in sit back and take your time and plan for everything.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help. I'm not just some guy that just picked up a computer - just never had much experience with dedicated servers, game servers. :)

Oh, and by the way, I plan to only be running 1 game, so will that make it easier?

Archived