GSP Content Management System

kalyse

Hello,

Lets hypothesise, if there was a GSP CMS out there, would people use it and what sort of value would you be willing to pay.

Including would be:

Billing System

Shopping Carts

Renewal Scripts

User Profiles

Admin Profiles

Support Suite (With IMAP Funtionallity)

Very indepth back end CMS

Server Stats with Attractive graphs

Very Very easy to make it unique and change the CSS.

Ability to run and include PHP directly anywhere by hooking code.

Referal / Affiliates scripts

Coupon Scripts

TCAdmin Game Server Automation

Integration to forum (Vbulletin only)

.. I could list around 100 more subtle features.

When you try and simplify stuff to much you loose touch with how it all really works and how to manipulate it.

Also it’s impossible to create a truly versatile system that would allow for the needed personal customization of each user without having bloated software that ways down the system and causes other headaches.

Hello,

Lets hypothesise, if there was a GSP CMS out there, would people use it and what sort of value would you be willing to pay.

Including would be:

Billing System

Shopping Carts

Renewal Scripts

User Profiles

Admin Profiles

Support Suite (With IMAP Funtionallity)

Very indepth back end CMS

Server Stats with Attractive graphs

Very Very easy to make it unique and change the CSS.

Ability to run and include PHP directly anywhere by hooking code.

Referal / Affiliates scripts

Coupon Scripts

TCAdmin Game Server Automation

Integration to forum (Vbulletin only)

.. I could list around 100 more subtle features.

I would love to have this. But I am sure the price would be way out of my range.

Okay well, I will host a demo of the CMS in a few days, so you can see the 'beta' stage.

Its not bloated down at all. Its compeltely modular and systems can be cancelled or removed to remove anything you dont want. If you dont want game server stats you can remove it. If you want to edit the site look there is a CSS management page much like vbulletin. I just wanted to know if people would be ineterested.

And swish: Its quite unlikely that fly by GSPs would be interested considering the expected price range. It wont be cheap by any means. Many reasons: Deteoriat the market and flood it with possible awful providers, and to keep the exlclusivity.

There is little point me continuing without some actual demo hosted so I will try and get something hosted within the next 7 days.

I changed my mind about the demo. Ill release something on July 15th. Thats the ET of full completion.

Is there anything that people would thing should be essential to something like this?

Regardless if you are even interested in knowing how it works, but what do you think is essential.

Thanks

Its completely undecided.

I have decided also not to launch a demo of it until its completely finished.

I predict that the beta will be available in July 15th ish.

The problem is, although its 100% developed at the moment, there are certain things that need to be added to make it a universal thing.

If you have ANY suggestions or ideas now would be a great time to request them (Id like suggestions even if you arent planning on purchasing)

ie. Design and Template management...

To be perfectly honest for the price range, I havent got a clue at the moment. I want to ensure that its affordable for the start up business but will still maintain exclusivity for those who can use it.

Im throwing around ideas with people at the moment (who have tested and seen it) and its been difficult to come to any conclusion for the pricing structure.

Its highly likely that this will include several different possibilities for payment.

Whatever happens the source will be encoded with zend and will work on a license, much in the same way Plesk or other panels work (except this is just a CMS for billing, website and other general things).

I think around 500$ for an initial purchase and then there will likely be an upkeep cost depending on what modules you use.

Each license a site holds will unlock certain things.

For instance from that 500$, the break down may be: 300$ for the standard CMS, then 100$ for the billing software, 50$ for the ability to add game servers, 50$ for webhosting and teamspeak. (Which is exactly the same way Plesk do it too which is where im getting this structuring idea from).

If people want to test out during beta (leave your name here and I will send details around time of launch - it will be open for anyone that can prove they already have an operating business).

Anyway, leave any ideas that you think would be essential for the CMS and also what products you would like to have enabled to be sold, or if you would like it to work like modern bill, where you can create 'packages' that include anything.

By the way, the system has already had around 15 months of development into it.

• 1 month later...

hi,

we are planing to switch back to TCadmin, the only Problem is that we need a CMS where you can easy incloude TCadmin. So iam very intereset to test it.

MSN roli_19[AT]hotmail.com or admin[AT]hosters.at

I decided to scrap all the previous code that was on it and start again from scratch. Progress is a hell of a lot quicker then it was previously and should have a test version within 6 weeks, I can get some screenshots up shortly. Final production will probably be 2-3 months.

when this comes around again i would be interested.

What I personally would like to see in this is a clan donation system. With this donation system, I would like a page that can be linked from the clan's website and viewed by anyone without having to log in. The client should be able to choose to have this page (essentially, their billing status) shown publically. People can see who is donating and how the clan is doing. By having this page, it will also give appropriate credit to those certain members.

If the client chooses to allow the page to be shown (over the donations), then someone viewing the page and click 'Make a Donation' which will allow them to log in. The log in system should be very simple with no passwords needed or involved. The log in feature is for their in-game or display name, so credit can be given to them on the donation page. The log in will ask for their email, and after they enter it the system will check for their email and if it has it, it will use their display name they used before in the past. If the system does not find it, then it will ask for a display name and would have a check-mark asking if they would like notice if this clan is low on money three days before due. Then they will proceed to donation method, whether it be Paypal, Credit Card, Money Order, etc. It isn't exactly a log in, just a way to easily find out their in game name to give them appropriate credit for donating, as well as the option to get a warning if their favorite servers are in need of some money.

The donation page would show donations over a certain time period. It would display the donator's name, amount they donated, and amount currently in the clan's account or the amount owed for that month of service.

Lol, I know this may seem like a lot, but this just seems like the perfect type of clan donation system to me.

yes, sounds nice! But i would prefer a CMS witch include all this Futures (TCadmin, Forum, Clanpay ect.)

I have tried to contact kalyse, but he did not response, don't know if he have not enough time, or he just didn't like Austrian :)

I do check all the forums every day :)

Things have been crazily busy though at this time.

Those 3 features you just mentioned have already been done on the main IG site and integrated into a friendly CMS. I decided however to start again and scrap it all to get a much nicer and friendlier architecture.

you mentioned before your are making this integrating for the vbulletin forum , is this still true ? or are you making this for like phpbb , ipb also. Im more of a ipb fan , and have a lisence for it. Would you be able to intergrate other forums in as well , ect. If so i would buy it more likely.

Archived