Top reason for cancellations

adamnp

Sometime is your TOS is tobad and you protect yourself with silly things like

"We have the right to shut your server down with no reason nor refund"

You can find yourself still sued.

would be a baseless lawsuit if the terms are written properly by a qualified professional. Terms of Service/Acceptable use Policies are binding to the contracts you sign upon confirmation and they are permissible in court.

Epic bump though! atleast it was my topic :) -- Lets get the thread back on topic though!

Lets get some more crazy cancellation stories :)

I recently had a Military personnel utilize their DOD email to heavily fight a chargeback, which actually included a statement "I hope to have this cleared up by friday before I return to Washington and meet my peers"

It was pretty rediculous, filed a chargeback 2 years after the charges were made claiming she was out of the country. Was 2800$ worth of fee's for dedicated server hosting for 11 months.

After MC freezing the funds in my account for 4 months we finally won the chargeback in early January. That sale was really worth my headaches.

REDICULOUS!

would be a baseless lawsuit if the terms are written properly by a qualified professional. Terms of Service/Acceptable use Policies are binding to the contracts you sign upon confirmation and they are permissible in court.

Epic bump though! atleast it was my topic :) -- Lets get the thread back on topic though!

Lets get some more crazy cancellation stories :)

I recently had a Military personnel utilize their DOD email to heavily fight a chargeback, which actually included a statement "I hope to have this cleared up by friday before I return to Washington and meet my peers"

It was pretty rediculous, filed a chargeback 2 years after the charges were made claiming she was out of the country. Was 2800$ worth of fee's for dedicated server hosting for 11 months.

After MC freezing the funds in my account for 4 months we finally won the chargeback in early January. That sale was really worth my headaches.

REDICULOUS!

You can't win a charge back 2 years later, hence why you won. As far as I know you can't even file a charge back after 12 months.

I believe, the fair credit act, states law that dictates credit card companies must investigate/accept disputes initiated within 60 days of the date of the statement on which those charges appear. That could be up to 91 days from date of account posting, however the law does not require the user to initiate the dispute within any time period after the charge, this is soley up to the card issuer and the terms/policy they signed up to.

The particular card in question was a CitiBank Business Platinum Mastercard, added through paypal.

Additionally -- If you check paypals chargeback terms, you'll note they too don't have a time frame -- It is persuent to the card issuer's terms.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/seller/ChargebackRisk-outside

This particular client nearly did win, the only thing that saved my ass was a recorded support phone conversation agreeing to an uprgade on the hardware 2 months into it that the customer happened to lapse over.

We have some cancelation each time new kid rent machine and download joomla template from rapidshare placing new web "pro" with big sign "BEST GAME SERVERS" or "PREMIUM GAME SERVERS" slot/050 Euro cent ,half of that machine is sponsored to get attention this is how we get most of cancelations ;),but they are back after 2-3 months when that optimistic dude start charging them or even just disconect server and no more money no more servers etc.

Archived