moving game servers!

mafia2k5

Hey Guys,

i have a small question for you:grin: I had only a master server and web panel as well as game servers were in there ! we are now moving into 2 new servers! one only for the panel and, one for game servers! now what is the best way to put the games on the remoot servers?

can i just put them on the master and then transfer them ?

Thank you

I dont store any of them locally. A single location is by far the better option, unless your paying for your bandwidth anyway. I have to worry about game updates etc so storing old versions on servers can mess things up.

I dont store any of them locally. A single location is by far the better option, unless your paying for your bandwidth anyway. I have to worry about game updates etc so storing old versions on servers can mess things up.

don't forget that most peeps are on their own networks etc so when you transfer the files you don't get billed b/w for going between switches its only when you head outside (poss from DC to DC but thats normally a low cost as its backhaul i.e redbus to Bluesquare not redbus to the us hehe)

If you do time to change your provider ;)

Hey guys! i finally resolved the problem! i have now my celeron dcual core with 1gb of ram for the Master/web server and the Dual QUad Core Zeon for game servers! at the beginning i wanted to put everythiung on the celeron but, ftp transfers are too slow even at 4-5 mb sec;) so what i did is i setup the install files on the orion also ! but now it all works great! Thanx TCADMIN

Archived