funny thing

Todd Holley

I don't know how any of you stay in business charging such low rates :(

I have a very very firm business plan and financial plan, and it most definately can not be met with those prices. Cheers to you for doing it for this long, and cheers to getting a bit closer to what you should be getting.

:o

Not so sure he is...

No offence.

None taken. I was doing fine making a little extra cash every month. Which was all I really wanted. Another reason I stayed low was to follow my competition which was started by a fellow ex employee. He uses the same server host, the same billing system, and the same game panel. He also has 4 team members and a lot bigger budget than me. But I decided to go higher and spread out my game servers more (less per machine). Effectively reducing pings by 10-15. Which still gives me the upper hand. :] I am also a lot more knowledgeable than his 4 guys. ;]

• 2 weeks later...
None taken. I was doing fine making a little extra cash every month. Which was all I really wanted. Another reason I stayed low was to follow my competition which was started by a fellow ex employee. He uses the same server host, the same billing system, and the same game panel. He also has 4 team members and a lot bigger budget than me. But I decided to go higher and spread out my game servers more (less per machine). Effectively reducing pings by 10-15. Which still gives me the upper hand. :] I am also a lot more knowledgeable than his 4 guys. ;]

Hate to break it to you but putting 20 games or just 1 on a machine does nothing for ping. Ping is a measure of distance only and cannot be changed. So much for having the upper hand..

I'm convinced that the mainstream market is weak.

Ex, Summit at $10 / slot is sold out with a waiting list. Mean while Velocity customers submit tickets asking why we charge more than other $1 / slot providers :)

Why are they on a waiting list?

edit: I guess just trying to only sell lets say 100 1k fps servers from summit. Makes it more "special" to get a server from you guys i guess.

Archived