wow.

Todd Holley

Uhm well I just logged into my web site stats for just my normal html web site... and saw that I got 821 visitors and 1557 page hits. Uhm to be honest I only get about 60 visitors and about 120 or so hits normally on a day. I looked at the details and it seems that this is not fake. I mean it showed every individual ip, and it was a ton of people from canada?? Did I somehow become important or something? I fell out of my chair when I saw it... I had people from france, the netherlands, a lot from canada, and mexico too. What is going on? lol.

I dont think it is so amazing anymore. I just logged into my affiliate system and had 881 commissions to approve. I guess someone hacked a site or new a lot of people or something and put my affiliate link in there. Because they would of earned 88.00 as I pay 10 cents a click. But I am definitely not paying this because it is wayy to strange and very impossible.

No, because I was getting 3 hits a second a few minutes ago. And that would be misuing myaffilaite system. So I have therefore removed the system completely and made all the /pages/ files error messages telling why it isn't working. I looked into it and people have been spamming forums like hell misleading people. So it is just making my company look worse which is the opposite of what it was intended for. I may re-implement it once I get thing right with some of these cod forums.

I will be re-enabling the system soon, but I will without a doubt remove the option of payment per click. This will solve my problem. :]

Done: i removed the spammers accounts and removed pay per click affiliate mode. Solved my problem. I am glad I didn't have cpu intensive php pages with 300 scripts or i would of overloaded my web machine horribly. For about a minute I was getting over 5 hits a second. I think someone launched nettools web site refresher on me. ;]

Archived