Pro-rated billing and add-ons

DougK94

For those who are using CE, are you able to use pro-rated billing with pricing info included in some of the add-ons? I know this is not a TCA problem, but rather a CE one and was hoping some using CE could help out. I am presently using MB, but testing CE.

I have found a problem and do not know if it is is on my end or if CE does not work the way I was wanting it to. Doing this for a TCA product or any product for that matter will create the error for me. Bu the funny part is the TCA error is slightly different than with a regular hosting product.

Hosting product example:

Monthly web hosting account for say $17.95 monthly

Then have option for add on with a price of say $5 monthly.

If recurring is not enabled, everything is fine.

If recurring is enabled, when ordering what the customer sees is the correct pro-rate charges when finalizing the order form. This is before the cutoff date for pro-rating and is similar if after the cutoff date has passed. But the invoice shows the correct pro-rated amount for the monthly hosting and also for the pro-rated amount for the add-on. But it also shows an additional item which is the full amount of the add-on as if it were not pro-rated for the following month.

Invoice Items Price

- CE1006 - Standard: caadsd.com, 12/04/2007 thru 01/01/2008

Prorated signup charge

$ 16.75

- CE1006 - Dedicated IP: Yes, 12/04/2007 thru 01/01/2008

Prorated signup charge

$ 4.67

- CE1006 - Dedicated IP: Yes (Standard: caadsd.com), 01/01/2008 thru 02/01/2008 $ 5.00

Total Due: $ 26.42

Example 2 using TCA with game slots as varable:

Main package monthly price is 0

Slot count is variable and also sets the monthly price.

Invoice Items Price

- CE1007 - America's Army, 12/04/2007 thru 01/04/2008

= $ 0.00 Monthly

$ 0.00

- CE1007 - Player Slots: 12 Players, 12/04/2007 thru 01/01/2008

Prorated signup charge

$ 22.40

- CE1007 - Player Slots: 12 Players (America's Army), 12/04/2007 thru 01/04/2008 $ 24.00

Total Due: $ 46.40

Also notice the difference in the dates on the additional line. The 2nd one was done seconds after the 1st one with no changes.

Am I missing something or is CE just not able to do this the way I am used to in MB? Thanks in advance for your help. I thought I would ask the experts here before posting at CE or entering a ticket there :)

I agree that it should charge you the partial amount for the month for the main item and the addon. Then if it is past the cutoff date, it should be for the partial for both the item and the addon and then the full next month for both.

What is happening here, is this was done on the 3rd so it is before the cutoff. Which it is calculating correctly, then it is adding on the next month charge for the addon item only. It should not be doing this in my opinion. And the odd part is for the example 1, the addon charge says 01/01/2008 thru 02/01/2008. For example 2 is shows for 2/04/2007 thru 01/04/2008.

I have no idea why it is doing it like that. And if it is doing it for the addon, why would it not do it for the main item too? That is what has me baffled. Again if it is not set for pro-rating it works fine.

Yuppers.

I have tried both the Zend and Ioncube versions and it is doing that. I have no issues with MBv4 and AWBS in production on this system and also testing WHMCS. But are you using pro-rating Adam, from your order form it did not look like it.

Archived