UglyGS + Threads

Monk

A long time ago, I wrote some mods to uglygs that improve it's performance. I've added threading to it, so it polls multiple servers at once, instead of 1-by-1. If anyone wants it, I'll post it here.

I've pretty much ripped out all the old junk and replaced it with a much cleaner interface.

• 1 month later...

I'm not too familiar with UglyGS, wouldn't mind having a look at what you did since I will be looking to integrate a server protocol into my new site eventually. Does it require something like rrdtool to be installed on each server?

• 1 month later...

http://swamp.dagohbah.net/uglygs-monk.zip

I wasn't sure if the original code was GPL'd or not. It had no GPL files in it; I changed it's copyright to a BSD style one. If the original author can tell me if it's GPL'd or not, I'll happily remove the BSD copyright.

There are a few notes: The forking model may cause high system load if you poll alot of servers, because writev()/fork()/pipe() eats up load.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived