Gtr2

JasonF

tangogc, you are missing a server config file in your TCAdmin config. There is a config that tells the server which port to start at. Here is mine.

[ Multiplayer Options ]

Collisions Enabled="1" // collisions enabled in multi-player racing

Net Connection Type="5" // 0 - 28K, 1 - 56k, 2 - ISDN, 3 - cable/dsl, 4 - LAN

Show All Lobby Players="1" // shows all drivers present in the multi-player lobby

Multiplayer Enum Type="1" // 0 = LAN, 1 = Internet

Net Data Rate="32" // client setting

Net Data Rate="32" // client setting

Net Flush Threshold="472" // threshold for auto-accumulation flush while building data chunks (default is standard MTU of 536, minus 64 bytes room for layer headers: 472)

Net Lazy Flush="0" // an explicit flush will not be called after the server re-transmits incoming data, providing less bandwidth consumption by reducing header sizes, but will increase latency

Net Join Timeout="150.00000" // How long to wait (without a response) before a game join will be considered a failure

Multi Allowed Aids="-33"

Force Physics="8" // add the following to enforce server settings: 1=auto-lift, 2=auto-blip, 4=half-rate, 8=collision thresh (for example, auto-lift + half-rate = 1 + 4 = 5)

Announce Host="1" // whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service

Gamelist AutoRefresh (LAN)="1" // if true, the gamelist will auto refresh on page activation if LAN refresh type is selected

Max MP Players="%slots%"

Lobby Login Timeout="20" // Time allowed (in seconds) before Login to the internet lobby will timeout

Client Port Start="%serverport%" // Start port at which client looks for host games, range is 1025 - 65535

GT Racing 2.txt

What I did was install the game locally and patched it, zipped the files and uploaded. Unpackaged in a folder on the server and exe the dedicated server exe on the desktop. I entered my online key and started the ded server. After it came up I closed it down and zipped the files again overwriting my original zip file.

The thing I feel makes this game not worth hosting is it eats up 100% cpu as soon as someone enters the game. So 1 core of a quad core kentsfield is running at 100%. Kind of reminds me of ArmA.

What I did was install the game locally and patched it, zipped the files and uploaded. Unpackaged in a folder on the server and exe the dedicated server exe on the desktop. I entered my online key and started the ded server. After it came up I closed it down and zipped the files again overwriting my original zip file.

The thing I feel makes this game not worth hosting is it eats up 100% cpu as soon as someone enters the game. So 1 core of a quad core kentsfield is running at 100%. Kind of reminds me of ArmA.

We host plenty of GTR2 servers with some being 24-28 slots and don't show more then 25% CPU with a full house. You might check your setup a bit closer?

I just started with this game and have not tweaked the settings. I did see I had one mistake in my config on this line:

Host Port Start="%serverport%" // Start port at which host games begin, range is 1025 - 65535

Original it was set at the default port. On my day off I will finally get time to test the config thoroughly and I look forward to sharing it with everyone.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use