ClientExec Question

KOhosting

I love how the setup went for CE compared to MB and WHMCS. It took me a little more time to get it to do all that I wanted(additional slots, etc.), but it is really versatile as to the options available and now I have managed to get to the point of it placing the "Pending Auto Setups" into TCA. The process is 100% automated to this point, but when I look in TCA the the order is simply pending. No Errors are posted, I am able to enter the HOST name and Rcon pass and the install takes off.

(hmmm) let me look at this again and see about these two entries. They may be the root of my problem. I love answering myself. lol. Any help from anyone is GREATLY appreciated in case this is not the issue. Will update.

Sounds awesome SWISH. BTW, I added you to my MSN today sir. Don't have to accept if you don't want to :) Yeah, If I can get someone to help me with sending that information through CE via a text entry block from the client signup page, CE will be doing all that I want as of now. For now I just use a generic pass for all servers of a specific type(i.e. CSS Servers have a rcon pass of "cssserver") and a generic host name(i.e. "KOhosting.net Server") that is sent from the server page and it works like a charm now. The welcome mail even sends the right information.

I am completely automated now I believe as I have sent all commands manually from CE and all is well. The only thing that I have not tested is the automated suspend, unsuspend, and delete due to non-payments. woot, woot! LOL. I really would like to allow the client to choose the Host Name and Rcon pass information though. For now I am just going to have every welcome e-mail send an explicit warning requesting the client to change the Rcon pass immediately as it is a generic pass. Any help if there is a way is GREATLY appreciated.

Whats wrong with sending them the automation email, and they can log in to tcadmin and select their own server name and password. It is still automated, but the way it does it now the user setups ALL their own info and you don't have to do anything. And they still get to put in the name/password they want instead of having to go BACK in a change it, and then restart the server. For your user that don't know anything about severs, you may be asking for more support tickets than you want, because they don't know how to change it.

Yeah Victor, I don't imagine that there is anything at all wrong with that option and will be looking into it for the simple reason that you stated regarding the support request. None the less though I am still fully automated with the way I am currently doing it and the server is live within minutes of the customer ordering without any other intervention required unless desired(my primary goal).

• 1 month later...
Whats wrong with sending them the automation email, and they can log in to tcadmin and select their own server name and password. It is still automated, but the way it does it now the user setups ALL their own info and you don't have to do anything. And they still get to put in the name/password they want instead of having to go BACK in a change it, and then restart the server. For your user that don't know anything about severs, you may be asking for more support tickets than you want, because they don't know how to change it.

We want it setup that way, or fully automated.

How do you set it up the particular way you've just stated? I've scraped through pages of Google looking for answer.

Here is the FULLY AUTOMATED way;

What I have done is told each game type to skip the setup e-mail by ticking the corresponding box. Then I have pre loaded the 'game_hostname' for all games with 'KOhosting.net Server'. Then I pre loaded the 'game_rcon_password' field with a password of my choice(i.e. changemeplease) as a default password. Then in the welcome mail I customized it to tell them where and how to change their pass and host name as this is really simple via the 'File Manager' for most users I have found.

This method, while not best for some, will allow 'FULL' and 'COMPLETE' automation from order to setup without any intervention on your behalf. Just be prepared as you will have the occasional client that is not able to navigate the File Manager to make the appropriate changes. Therefore we simply have them submit a ticket with the proper corresponding information if they would like us to set it for them and tell them that we will get to it as soon as time permits.

Victor, or Swish will have to explain the other way as I am unsure what all options if any they pre-fill.

Hope this is useful;

thanks for this post, now I have understand how add and pass to tcadmin the plugin variable.

But how pass the text file that the custmer have to fill as rcon password, server name, private password , voice server name and so on ?

Could you attach some screen as the post before

thanks in advance

Archived