Pre Sales Questions

iceraven721

I have a few questions before i purchase/get trial.

1. Is there a limited number of clients/game servers that I can run? Or is it unlimited?

2. Since i am mainly going to be BF2 Hosting, do the files come with it? or do I have to get them myself?

3. Is an additional license required to run a BF2 server multiple times?

If I have more questions i will ask them.

Thanks

1. Only limited by your machines abilities

2. TcAdmin does not include any game files, you must supply all game files and liscences.

3. Unranked BF2 servers do not require special liscences, but ranked will. And getting those liscenes can be a challenge so best to persue that 1st.

oh yes... What about voice servers? Are licenses needed for TS and vent? I know TS can go to 1000 slots without a mass license... But what about vent?

TS can go to 1,000 slots but you can't sell them. It's 1,000 slots for non-commercial use. Ventrilo on the other hand, we are having issues being licensed by them at the moment so I would go with a reseller if you really want Teamspeak / Ventrilo :)

Ok. Wasn't really planning on that but just wondering.

As for my network and CPU, what is your opinion on 2x 2.80 Ghz intelxeon quad with upgrading ram to 6 GB. Is that good for starting out? And as for a beginning network, what is your opinion on 16/2 Mbps? Not sure whether 16 or 2 is download and vice versa.

Thanks

And as for a beginning network, what is your opinion on 16/2 Mbps? Not sure whether 16 or 2 is download and vice versa.

Thanks

I'd wager the 2 is the upload as upload is typically equal to or smaller then download. The machine specks you are giving will use around 10 - 15Mbps upload when loaded and of course the less people on it the less bandwidth, and each game is a little different on its bandwidth usage. Be certian of your network specs, as people typically think wow this networks fast enough for gaming. Sure it is for you to play games on not host, hosting is all about upload speeds not download. (actually it uses both, but its the upload that catches people)

Archived