Invalid Character Code

KingJ

Got a small issue with autosetups from WHMCS. It sends all the correct values but returns the error:

-1 - Id 'TC0633808447606|Amsterdam - Netherlands' contains invalid character code 124.

Now, character code 124 is |. The pipe is needed to sepeate the Datacentre ID from the friendly name, and is listed on all the respective TCAdmin & WHMCS docs. If I just use the Datacentre ID, it all works fine.

Is there any way to solve this? I need the pipe character in order to let customers choose a datacentre by friendly name rather than an ID they won't recognise. The datacentres are in a drop down box as specified in Custom Fields.

On another note, is it possible to define a set of custom fields for all products? If I ever add another datacentre, there is going to be a lot of custom fields to update, since i'll have to go through each one adding it.

Thanks.

Hi I see 2 choices...

1) Doing manual installs of game servers (if you arent already), then you can actually have whatever you want in the drop down box, and can completely remove the TC0633808447606| bit from the selection box.

So in essence your customer will just select it based on location only, and you will obviously know which datacentre this is for when you install the game server.

2)Find some way of re-naming the datacentre id within TCA (I don't know if possible), and add the Location to the datacentre id.

This is supposed to be an automatic install. I added the Datacentre custom field as per the WHMCS docs, so that users can select a datacentre based on a friendly name and have the ID passed to TCAdmin for automatic setup at that datacentre.

Currently communicating with WHMCS support, but if you have any other suggestions they are welcome.

Archived