l4d full config

DUAL-CORE

If you want to limit to co-op mode only, then the following command on the startup line should achieve the desired effect:

+director_no_human_zombies 1

This prevents people from becoming zombies (in versus mode) and hence versus mode is not available at all on the server. Useful if you are selling 4 player servers or 8 player servers, as the latter does use more resources.

• 2 weeks later...

I see some companies selling 12 slots ? Im guessing those 4 slots are for spec mode only ? is spec mode only available via VS mode ? Just wondering what cvar or cmd command will enable or disable spec mode ? If I just add -maxplayers 12 compared to -maxplayers 8 can I achieve this result ?

thanks

there is only 4 player campaign and 8 player co-op

its verry hard to put server is versus mode only i've tried heaps of things so far but nothing helps

even iff you alter the maplist and mapcycle nothing changes cause the player who gets in 1st can do call vote and is the lobby boss

so they can change it back to campaign ot change gametype whenever they like

only thing you can do is put the cmd line in for a like l4d_vs_farm01_hilltop

when the server starts it always starts in versus

and vica versa

I have a issue where it is one time playing co-op on example l4d_hospital04_interior well after reaching the safe house it loads the next level as a Vs mode an you can't continue to the next level. ?? Beat my brains out. So i edited the maplist, gameinfo, missioncycle & mapcycle text files as well as the maps that have Vs by deleting the extra " _vs " an edited the CMD ( removed the vs ) Also edited the map lint in the configuration file. Then i was able to play the whole game as co-op mode with others, However goldrush you are right if there in the lobby an the leader changes it to Vs mode well then it will not load may just crash....

Humm i haven't tried that my self im going to do that and see what happens. Ill be back with an answer. I guess to my self and to some of your post but if im right by doing this you can give the option of selling co-op and Vs mode servers for left 4 dead??? Be back in 20. :p

Ok i didst get a chance to see what would happen but however i was playing airport_greenhouse an made it to the safe room then it loaded hospital_apartments???

It should have been airport_offices. any idea whats going on here?

Edited by cobra

what i think is that it gets the maps of valve or something

i just made 2 servers and when put 1 in line as campaign and one versus

the one i named versus is always full and campaign stays empty all the time and i didnt alterd the configs or maplist in any way

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
there is only 4 player campaign and 8 player co-op

its verry hard to put server is versus mode only i've tried heaps of things so far but nothing helps

even iff you alter the maplist and mapcycle nothing changes cause the player who gets in 1st can do call vote and is the lobby boss

so they can change it back to campaign ot change gametype whenever they like

only thing you can do is put the cmd line in for a like l4d_vs_farm01_hilltop

when the server starts it always starts in versus

and vica versa

So doing this it would keep the server at 8 slots?

Edited by proclan
bad typing hehe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use