How can I get IIS 6.0?

Black0u7

Start > Control Panel > Add or remove Programs > Add remove windows components > application server (details)

Dont think i need to say anymore

no it dont work from c drive as there needs to be files there to do it from

That is correct. But if the OP has a copy of Windows 2003 at home he can always upload the files to the server and then have it navigate to that.

Another option (Time consuming) if you have the Windows disk you can tell Remote Desktop to use your local resources, cd drive, and navigate to that location on the server, it would show up as a network drive.

If you don't have the disk then your best bet would be to ask the Data Center to put the Windows 2003 disk into the server.

Just have your datacenter copy the contents of the Windows Server 2003 CD to c:\i386 directory, so you will be able to install/uninstall Windows Components when you like.

That is partially what I suggested but maybe the OP doesn't have this directory?

I always have but guess that has been a function of my hosting provider :)

I always used a Server 2003 disk in my drive and pointed it to my drive over remote desktop. There are not too many files to copy and it's much better than uploading the entire i386 folder. I had to do this for IIS and any other windows files I needed. Not all providers will put the i386 folder on the hard drive for you.

• 1 month later...

Archived