Module Features

Steven Crothers

Hello Folks,

WHMCS is god. We all know that, if we didn't we wouldn't view this forum would we?

Anyway, so obviously the current TCAdmin module is kind of lacking. Additional arguments are hard to setup, its buggy, no ip returns, no login button. The list goes on.

I'm coding one from scratch for Quantum-Servers.com my current place of work. I have a whole plethora of new features so far such as-

Username checking, if exists increment and create if password fails.

If user exists, check password - checking and validation.

IP / returns to the control panel, and is listed now.

I'm also working on a way to do upgrades/downgrades but meh, its a pain in the ass really.

But what do you guys want to see? I'm sure you all have ideas, or "ideal" features.

When its done, I'll be releasing it here, and on the WHMCS forums as well in an IonCube format to follow Matt's release styling. (The source code will be given to Matt for him to encode though and have him verify it ect ect).

But I need a "most wanted" list. The WHMCS forums are kind of a useless place to post this since well... there all webhosts.

So let the ideas flow!

The current module seems to work fine, but some new features wouldnt be a bad idea.

You pretty much nailed what its lacking. Some functionality between tcadmin and WHMCS. checks to see if the user-pass-package exist. Like for people new to WHMCS switching your clients over, to allow their current tcadmin service to be controlled through WHMCS like an auto create account would be.

Currently unless they signup with a auto setup package theres no way to make WHMCS and tcadmin communicate. If im wrong someone please enlighten me :)

The current module seems to work fine, but some new features wouldnt be a bad idea.

You pretty much nailed what its lacking. Some functionality between tcadmin and WHMCS. checks to see if the user-pass-package exist. Like for people new to WHMCS switching your clients over, to allow their current tcadmin service to be controlled through WHMCS like an auto create account would be.

Currently unless they signup with a auto setup package theres no way to make WHMCS and tcadmin communicate. If im wrong someone please enlighten me :)

Normally that's true, because the billing id's wont be available to query. However though, I have ways around that. Usernames/ip's can be queried easily enough.

Heh, so I was trying to figure out a way to stop all our clients from having to re-subscribe using paypal when we switch em all over to WHMCS.

I made an IPN converter, that queries the old database of CE users, and applies there payment to there WHMCS.

Win.

TCAdmin is going to have an entire suite of tools when I'm done to convert over there old people to WHMCS from CE.

Well I've been in contact with Matt a bit, he's gonna get the code when its all done and said so its coming from a verified source. However the optional features, will require the mysql information to the database.

Some people will bitch and moan about that, but its going to be a purely optional feature.

I'm just tired of shitty billing systems not doing what I want lol.

What about when a user orders another service and it sets it up on xxxx1 (xxxx being their original username)?

Personally I want the username to be the same for all services, in a second table. Like an add-on module. Then all services will be made using that.

But of course, the masses demand flexibility, so I'm sure I'll have 2-3 different ways to do it.

Personally I want the username to be the same for all services, in a second table. Like an add-on module. Then all services will be made using that.

But of course, the masses demand flexibility, so I'm sure I'll have 2-3 different ways to do it.

I was asking if this would be fixed in your module because it really annoys me.

I want a way to add slots and modify teamspeaks.

What I mean is, we offer a free source tv slot and a free teamspeak.

If someone orders 2 servers they get 2 teamspeaks. I want it to ADD on the slots to their current setup.

Also the source tv slot should be "added on" before being set up.

Features like that are sadly lacking.

I want a way to add slots and modify teamspeaks.

What I mean is, we offer a free source tv slot and a free teamspeak.

If someone orders 2 servers they get 2 teamspeaks. I want it to ADD on the slots to their current setup.

Also the source tv slot should be "added on" before being set up.

Features like that are sadly lacking.

Got that already for TeamSpeak only. Flagship is holding out on us for the license heh.

Archived