Some questions

maksam

Hi i have a few presales questions, hopefully they are not too nooby and no i wont be asking you to install all the games for me.

So... i can run a gameserver from a windows box, how will TCAdmin then work allowing me to create different servers etc or is that all inclusive provided i can install "a" game server on the box?

What happens to the redundant data, settings and server when an account is to be closed? Will TCAdmin remove the different accounts created or i will have to do that manually?

Lastly can we customise the TCAdmin skin to match our website? i.e. so there is no mention of TCAdmin on the script or is that mandatory that TCAdmin will always stay on the logo?

Cheers

Can't answer the first question, I don't understand it.

For the second, the billing system that you'll use will delete all the files (with the billingapi) when the account will be closed.

And Yes you can customise your TCAdmin skin how you want.

You can remove all the copyrights (logos and texts).

I hope this will help you.

In response to your first question, you will need a masterserver which runs the masterserver console and can run the website if you wish. You can also run a few gameservers on the masterserver box. For any additional boxes you wish to implement you will need a remote server license which will allow you to install the TCAdmin software on an additional server.

Can't answer the first question, I don't understand it.

For the second, the billing system that you'll use will delete all the files (with the billingapi) when the account will be closed.

And Yes you can customise your TCAdmin skin how you want.

You can remove all the copyrights (logos and texts).

I hope this will help you.

Cheers

In response to your first question, you will need a masterserver which runs the masterserver console and can run the website if you wish. You can also run a few gameservers on the masterserver box. For any additional boxes you wish to implement you will need a remote server license which will allow you to install the TCAdmin software on an additional server.

I see, i have a dedicated box at home currently i presume that would be classified as a master server that you are referring to? (However my home pc is a spare to test things out, i will soon be coloing a rack)

You mention a website, do you mean the TCAdmin panel which requires a browser? I will be running/hosting game servers from the master server box.

So i will be required to install the following from the Microsoft Website

• Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6 or greater
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Will we need "MYSql© 4.1 installed and running on the server," prior to having TCAdmin as stated on this page: http://tcadmin.com/system.php ?

If I/we required further help can TCAdmin assist in setting up?

Lastly what else will i need on the master server in order for TCAdmin to create and host games giving people access etc.

• I have installed Source Engine and have got "a" server to run successfully. In terms of running the game with TCadmin to be able to create new accounts is this all that i need?
  • Do i require a server to be running for TCAdmin to work?
  • Or do i just need the source engine present somewhere and TCAdmin extracts and installs the files automatically?

I look forward to your replies.

• 3 weeks later...

Depend if you'll use MYSQL or Microsoft Access. And if you'll use webhosting powered by Tcadmin or your own.

I have installed Source Engine and have got "a" server to run successfully. In terms of running the game with TCadmin to be able to create new accounts is this all that i need?
You have to put it on C:/GamesInstalls/CSS. And that's all.

Do i require a server to be running for TCAdmin to work?
No.

* Or do i just need the source engine present somewhere and TCAdmin extracts and installs the files automatically?

You just need all the game servers installed in the folders C:/GamesInstalls.

Depend if you'll use MYSQL or Microsoft Access. And if you'll use webhosting powered by Tcadmin or your own.

You have to put it on C:/GamesInstalls/CSS. And that's all.

I presume Access would be an easier option? I would prefer to use my own.

You just need all the game servers installed in the folders C:/GamesInstalls.

As for "Gamesinstalls/" what will i need there? Game server files ready for TCAdmin to install? I thought TCAdmin will do the installation from the click of a button and also uninstall? :~ why would i need to install the gameservers - i thought TCAdmin does that?

I presume Access would be an easier option? I would prefer to use my own.

As for "Gamesinstalls/" what will i need there? Game server files ready for TCAdmin to install? I thought TCAdmin will do the installation from the click of a button and also uninstall? :~ why would i need to install the gameservers - i thought TCAdmin does that?

Access is easier than MySQL for beginners.

You'll need to have each copy of game servers preinstalled to let TCADMIN copy the files for customers. The servers haven't to be started. Just create them and let them off.

Access is easier than MySQL for beginners.

You'll need to have each copy of game servers preinstalled to let TCADMIN copy the files for customers. The servers haven't to be started. Just create them and let them off.

Ahh i see, so i just need one copy of each game in a directory and then TCadmin does the rest for each server and each game for users i create.. that good.

Ok when i have my server ready and to order, i assume i have to give access to the sales team from TCadmin to setup? Do i give the direct root access or are there other options for giving access?

Usually you don’t give them access you install the product and when it asks for your product key you enter the key they gave you. They have been known from time to time to do an install for someone, but given the ease of the installation I really have to wonder if anyone needing them to install is ready to try and run a GSP. If you are having them do the installation then they will need Administrator access to your desktop.

Usually you don’t give them access you install the product and when it asks for your product key you enter the key they gave you. They have been known from time to time to do an install for someone, but given the ease of the installation I really have to wonder if anyone needing them to install is ready to try and run a GSP. If you are having them do the installation then they will need Administrator access to your desktop.

Im a web developer, ive installed many applications and have also worked in IT support. I only asked as ive seen other people request it as i thought TCadmin staff are required to install it for them?

But if you say its that straight forward then i look forward to purchasing TCAdmin very soon!

Thanks

Guest KPSERVERS

If you use there "webhosting" package then yes,they will need to install it. If you are going to use your own then you just use remote desktop, and install it from the exe that they provide.

Archived