Anybody coloing any R200's? - How many amps.

maksam

Hi guys ive been speaking with a few Dell guys and they are sending me round the bend.

I would really appreciate a response from anybody who works in a datacentre or runs any R200's.

Im trying to find out how many amps a R200 is likely to use on the following specs.

• Quad Core Intel® Xeon® X3360, 2.83GHz, 2x6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB
  • 4GB Memory, DDR2, 800MHz (4x1GB Dual Ranked DIMMs)
  • C1 - Onboard SATA, 1 Drive connected to Onboard SATA Controller - No RAID
  • 160GB, SATA, 3.5-inch, 7.2K RPM Hard Drive x2
  • Riser with PCI-E Support (1xPCI-E x8 slot, 1x PCI-E x4 slot)

Ive been on the dell calc and they dont even have the processor that im after in their calc for me to get a bearing... even then i couldnt trust it.

Somebody has given me a bearing already on this forum and ive made a note of that, however i wont mention it again incase it may influence your answers.

Here is the actuall link to the server im talking about. http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukbsdt1&kc=305&l=en&oc=SV4R200&s=bsd&sbc=pedge_r200

Cheers

As stated previously, it's around 0.5A. I've never actually tested myself as I don't have any, but it seems that is about right. With your bigger processor however you might be looking at a bit more. Have a look on wikipedia for the TDP for the processor listed at that link and the one you have to get an idea of how much more power it uses.

Archived