BF 2142 Server Files

Derek

I think 1.5 is the latest, if you go to the directory listing of the patch location you will see there is also a 1.521 folder, but i'm guessing by the filesize that's a client or beta patch.

Slightly offtopic, how do you become an ASHP/Ranked Server provider? I've never seen any information on how you actually become one.

Don't bother trying to be a ranked provider if velocityservers can't you can't :)

Yeah 1.5 is the latest server, I'm sure PB will need to be installed separately if you want it rolled out with servers.

It's extremely tight to become an ASHP for EA games with such limitations, you need to apparently offer 10 public gameservers of the game before you can achieve your license.

Hi,

Something along the lines of this

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Server\bf2_w32ded.exe" +config "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Battlefield 2\ServerConfigs\dg.con" +mapList "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Battlefield 2\ServerConfigs\_maplist.con"
Alternatively

"path\to\bf2_w32ded.exe" +config "path\to\your\config.con" +maplist "path\to\your\maplist.con"
That's BF2 but it should be the same as BF2142 :)

There are also vars such as

+demo - Sets the con-file with demo options

+config - Sets path to the ServerSettings.con file to use

+mapList - Sets the path to the MapList.con file to use

+maxPlayers - Sets max players.

+gameMode - Sets the game mode.

+ranked - Allows gamespy snapshot sending

+overlayPath - Start game with a custom path for configuration files

+pbPath - Set the path to use for PunkEuster on multi-instance configurations (defaults to {install_dir]-/pb

+dedicated - Start in dedicated server mode

+hostServer

+ai

For the servers :)

Archived