CPU0 - 100% used from last hlds update

Salmus

Hello,

I already had this problem in the past, solved with "Always start on cpu0" but now - after steam update (22.10.1008) I started to have the same problem.

Steamonly servers (with latest update) running only on CPU0 -- no matter if is set "Always start on cpu0", affinity for cpu 0, 1, 2 or 3.

I tried to search on valve forums, didn't find anything.

If I manually start a HLDS gameserver (from command line) I do not have this issue, but if TCADMIN will do it for me ... it only runs on cpu0 ...

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Tested this already, If I do this ... all servers will run at CPU0

If I manually start a server from commandline, it will ballance across the all 4 cpu's

I know that it sounds very weird, but this sounds like a problem with TC

Checked again and again ... tested also with a software that dinamicaly sets cpu affinity ... if hlds.exe is started with TCADMIN it will bind on all CPU's ! If I manually start the game, then the software (above) care of it and dinamicaly change affinity.

Even if I set via TCADMIN to start on CPU 1 or 2 it will start on all CPU's !

My TC installation is fully updated.

Old HLDS engines works well, but the last steam update doesn't ... shat should I do ? My users started to complain about loss & a lot of lag :(

LATER EDIT: ALERT ALERT ALERT !!!

Even OLD hlds processes (some of them) do not want to ballance the load across all CPU's ! I have to manually set affinity to one core, then re-apply to all cores to ballance the load on all 4 cpu's !

There is something wrong with the lastest TC update ! :(

LATER EDIT: ALERT ALERT ALERT !!!

Even OLD hlds processes (some of them) do not want to ballance the load across all CPU's ! I have to manually set affinity to one core, then re-apply to all cores to ballance the load on all 4 cpu's !

There is something wrong with the lastest TC update ! :(

Archived