Game Installs

Bomzin

First time poster long time reader :~ .

The person we had usually doing this has gone on hiatus and it's been passed to me for the time .

I'm trying to setup a couple of TF2 servers . I have done others but they already appeared in the setup a game or voice process of TCadmin and I don't think I want to do each one manually . I did install the script for TF2 but it only set me up for the manual install.

If I'm not mistaken all I have to do is place the game files inside the gameinstalls folder creating a new folder for the game . This folder from what I've read should reside in the root directory .

I find the game installs folder at d:/TCADMINfiles/Gameinstalls. Would I be correct if I placed the file here and nothing else needs to be done ? Just create the game folder and copy contents ?

Also with TF2 , it has already been preloaded onto our server by the last guy , Is it the whole orange box folder it needs ? Looks like we also have HL in the folder also , I know TF2 is a mod but it's looking like just the orange box folder is all I need as it also contains some hl2 folders ?

Thanks for the help.

Neil

The proper path for the game files folder is found here: Admin Home > System Settings > Servers > Server Details

The proper folder name for a game is found here: Admin Home > System Settings > Supported Games > TF2 Details in the "Game Files Folder Name" box

Whether or not to do anything else depends on how complete the tcadmin config you loaded for the game is, and how picky you are about game performance. You'll want to check the following in tcadmin config for the game to make sure they are satisfactory. Ensure command line reads the way you want, and the default config(s) is(are) the way you want or you'll be having to hand adjust them on each game.

TF2 uses both the orangebox folder and hl2 folder, don't go deleteing stuff from a fresh install unless you want trouble with the gme or realy know what you are doing, which it is appearant you do not.

TF2 uses both the orangebox folder and hl2 folder, don't go deleteing stuff from a fresh install unless you want trouble with the gme or realy know what you are doing, which it is appearant you do not.

I think what is confusing me is posts like this .http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showthread.php?t=4025&highlight=tf2

We have the hlserver folder , in the hlserver folder there is hl2 and orangebox . Do I put the whole hlserver folder into gameinstall or just the orangebox folder that also contains a hl2 folder ?

Wasn't planning on deleting anything , as far as my path not being quite right I think it's because of how TCadmin was originally setup on our box.

Also in the gameinstalls folder there is nothing pertaining to TF2 . So a new folder would have to be created .

Archived