Adding 2nd Server

kaosx

Ok i want to add a remote server to tcadmin so how will this work with WHMCS?

Will I have to create all New packages with Place of server in Group name ? Or can We just add a new server in Servers area and in custom feilds where ? like this

Field Name: Datacenter - Type: Drop Down - Field Options: TCXXXXXXX|Friendly Name,TCXXXXXXXX|Friendly Name

And what ever DC the clients choos will it install it on the Server ?

Multiple servers in the same location (datacenter) you should allow TcAdmin to handle the ballancing, load ballancing is a built in function of TcAdmin when setup correctly.

For multiple datacenters you will leave the datacenter id box blank and create a datacenter custom field as specified in the wiki on WHMCS site for setup.

Then when the customer goes through checkout they will be presented with the available datacenters, and once they select that information will be passed into WHMCS for passing onto TcAdmin.

Ok i understand that bu what happens when i had a remote server to my master server ? i still only have 1 Data Center Id

I want them to beable to choose what server to go on

I just added my remote server but i dont have a Data centre id for it so what do i do here ?

Cheers

Edit lol i just create a new 1 i just found it

Only let them choose between datacentres, if you let them choose individual servers you risk confusing people and having over/under utilised servers. All you need to allow users to select is the datacentre ID, and then TCAdmin will carry out load balancing across the servers within that datacentre.

I didnt know thats what the load balancing did that saves me from entering the data center into everypackage again

I was wondering if you can give me a quote on the following server

But as where iam in Australia alot of people like to have what data center they go to like Example

I have to servers right now and the 2 are in brisbane so it dosnt matter but when i put one in sydney

I would like the customer to choose what DC they go to if it means i take off Brisbane from the list well then its just alittle bit more work that would be fine

1 more thing how do i get remote servers to download the game files from the master server ? so i dont have to go and download all the game files on to every server i get ?

Cheers

I didnt know thats what the load balancing did that saves me from entering the data center into everypackage again

I was wondering if you can give me a quote on the following server

But as where iam in Australia alot of people like to have what data center they go to like Example

I have to servers right now and the 2 are in brisbane so it dosnt matter but when i put one in sydney

I would like the customer to choose what DC they go to if it means i take off Brisbane from the list well then its just alittle bit more work that would be fine

1 more thing how do i get remote servers to download the game files from the master server ? so i dont have to go and download all the game files on to every server i get ?

Cheers

You do have to enter each datacentre into TCAdmin, but not each server.

What we do is have a datacentre for each location, e.g Maidenhead, United Kingdom and Amsterdam, Netherlands. You could have Sydney, Australia and Brisbane, Australia as your separate datacentres.

Archived