Interesting

JasonF

After the merger TP dumped colocation. Now they are offering it again. Wonder if business is bad and they have tons of free space?

http://www.theplanet.com/colocation/

I too noticed the other week Jason. I find this to be very interesting as there was a lot of complaints that they stopped and weeded off some of the people who were already co-located with them.

@ Steve: How long have you been with TP?

I too noticed the other week Jason. I find this to be very interesting as there was a lot of complaints that they stopped and weeded off some of the people who were already co-located with them.

@ Steve: How long have you been with TP?

Off and on, since I started getting all my hardware from ColoCrossing I haven't purchased since. I would say I've used 4 servers from them over 2 years 2006-2008. All different configurations and none of them in a business capacity. Just development work. The sales reps there lower prices to make development affordable.

How ironic, I remember them advertising their own whitepaper less than a month ago shouting the evils of colocated hosting and why their rental hosting was the best thing since sliced bread :)

Will see if I can dig it out from my downloads folder.

Archived