How much bandwidth

I am not sure how I figure out how much bandwidth I really need. I want to start out hosting Teamspeak but I don't know if a VPS with 200GB of bandwidth will be sufficient enough.

I also want to do americas army starting out.

Please help me.

Thanks!

It should be enough to get you started, but I would not suggest using a VPS for running much more than a web site. Teamspeak is not very demanding, but you will be in a shared environment.

Your host should also have upgrade options for bandwidth, should you run out.

In regards to hosting AA servers, you are going to need a dedicated server, a VPS wont we able to do that very well. Also, unless you are selling honor servers, you most likely wont sell many.

If you want to know how much you'll need, you need to start calc.exe and make few very simples maths: take the better TS codec and convert it into GB/mo and divide your quota by this and you'll get maximum slots that you can host (well it's better to remove a little, maybe 5 or 6% for logins, chats, etc).

It depends on whether he is using a vps or a vds, they are extremely different. Full root access can be given on both, we offer it on all our vps' and vds', but its how the server is virtualised that is the key to why it will/wont work.

TCA wont run very well on a vps, regardless of the available resources, I know I tested it on one of ours ages ago. Whereas it will run on a vds, though it is still recommended to use it on its own dedi, if not for the disk space requirement needed for growth.

Archived