Web site desinger

wondorae

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to see some of my work: jesse[at]dchservers[dot]com

More and more I'm seeing pieces/images of my work ripped/stolen to be found on gsp sites like defcon for example.

There are ways to protect most of your web content, you can block images from being downloaded and other code being taken.

I would have The Hostile Contact site protected but no one wants it.

There are ways to protect most of your web content, you can block images from being downloaded and other code being taken.

I would have The Hostile Contact site protected but no one wants it.

Those techniques only keep honest people honest, if someone wants your images or tid bits of code (except server side code) there is no way to stop them.

Bobby,

What did you pay for it?

I don't want to kiss and tell but between Leet and LeetVoice it cost a TON of money.

Why? you might ask...:)

The site is your storefront. When people hit your site, you have to SELL them in 10 seconds otherwise they move onto the next guy. so the look is very important. When I had my old leet site sales were fine or so I thought. When Leetv2 came out my sales doubled just because of the site.

Fast forward to today where almost everyone is doing doing a buck a slot. You can say well hell I'm charging a buck a slot, I dont care if I have a yucky site I'm selling cheap. BUT look around, there are some hot sites out there selling at a buck a slot too. so thats missed sales on a yucky site.

=bobby

I don't want to kiss and tell but between Leet and LeetVoice it cost a TON of money.

If the price is not competitive and customer support sucks the pretty website is not going to keep the customers.

The eye candy is good and don't get me wrong some customers are looking for that, but the Wal-Mart discount shopper does not care. They want the best value for the buck.

After a customer rents a server they most likely will not return to the website until ready to purchase again. Like I said, if I was selling Rolex watches I would spend the money and have a pretty website developed. Renting game servers for a $1.00 a slot, I am going to use a website that looks like a gaming clan website. Sales projections for this year are expected to exceed last year by 35% so the ugly website is not hurting business.

Now if some web designer out there wanted to volunteer to make us one I would not turn it down but right now I will continue marching on with what is working, quality servers at affordable prices.

Before I will spend $1500 or more on a pretty website that might increase my yearly revenue by 2% I will use that money to deploy a new server with a rate or return of 15%.

Trust me I have done extensive cost analysis on this subject and the rate of return on the investment does not justify the expense. It will probably take you 5 or more years to recover the investment on those websites. In the $1.00 a slot GSP market you need to recover your investment in 6 to 8 months. If you can’t then you need to rethink the investment.

The reason I can purchase failing companies and turn them around is because of my business model. Most of the dead companies posted in this thread either failed to develop a feasible business plan or had no plan at all. You can’t just make up a plan as you go along and hope things work out.

For those of you that remember AFG Servers I thought they had an impressive website and now I own the company. If you could go back and look at some of the dead companies listed in this thread, some of those websites were probably pretty impressive and look at where they are today.

Yes there are some pretty $1.00 a slot websites out there and someday I will own them, probably sooner than you think.

Yes there are some pretty $1.00 a slot websites out there and someday I will own them, probably sooner than you think.

Well, first of all, I think your site is nice, I don't think its bad at all. There is plenty out there thats WAYYY bad.

I must say, you can talk all about the "companies" you bought out. But lets call a spade a spade, are they REALLY companies that you bought or a guy with 5 boxes and calls themselves a company?....:)

I get emails all the time about buyouts/merges. When I ask for thier EIN# and they say whats that I ignore further emails.

-bobby

Well, first of all, I think your site is nice, I don't think its bad at all. There is plenty out there thats WAYYY bad.

I must say, you can talk all about the "companies" you bought out. But lets call a spade a spade, are they REALLY companies that you bought or a guy with 5 boxes and calls themselves a company?....:)

I get emails all the time about buyouts/merges. When I ask for thier EIN# and they say whats that I ignore further emails.

-bobby

This is true most are not legitimate companies. I would say that 4 out of 5 $1.00 a slot GSPs are operating without a business license, Does that make their customers any less valuable. In a way yes, if the company was legit I would have to pay more for it.

Archived