Remote License Server

Mercy

Hello everyone,

How does the remote server work with the master server? The game files are located on the master server but do the game files need to also be installed on the remote server in order to install games or are they transferred from the master server to the remote server? My logical guess is that the files would also be located on the remote.

I am just trying to figure out how the remote server works with the master server.

The files can be located either place. On the remote is faster setup but you have to maintain multiple copies of the game setups (one per machine). On the master is a bit slower but you only need to worry about maintaining one set of setup files.

Personally I divide it based on how often the game updates and how large the install is. Larger installs that don't update as often I store on all machines, smaller games that update regularly I simply store on the master.

Archived