Apple TV

Todd Holley

I had nothing to do today, and decided to go into the local Apple store. After playing around on one of the Mac Pro's I saw an ad for the apple tv box. After thinking about how I had all my movies and music on my computer, and how it was too far away to hook my tv to the computer, I decided to get one :). Setup was simple.... open the packaging, plug in the power and hdmi cable then your done. It automatically boots up and searches for wireless networks, after selecting yours and entering the password it tells you to link it to itunes on your computer. After doing this it authorizes itself and affiliates itself with your itunes account. So after 10 minutes, I had a perfect way to rent or buy movies in standard or hd format. I decided to test the little thing out, so I rented Pineapple Express in HD. Of course you can play while you download, but aparently the download servers were a little busy as it couldn't play constantly as the downloading was not fast enough. I gave it a break and came back 30 minutes later. Everything had finished up, and after watching the movie I stood amazed. I always personally thought this idea was useless, but I can honestly say I like it very much :). Movie was crystal clear, and although the box ran extremely hot, it performed like a champ. :)

I highly recommend Apple and their products, as long as you can deal with compatibility problems with certain windows only programs.

Get one, I think you'll like it :) I have a macbook and a macbook pro, I love them. Had an Ipod since the first video version came out... chunky white one. I also had an Iphone, but att service around here is horrid.

Despite the people that hate Apple just because they are Apple, *cough* justin, I personally love their products.

I perfer BB more now

I love my BB. The only reason I am keeping it though instead of getting an HTC phone is because of how the mail functions work. All you need is email and password no smtp info or anything. Has worked for me with hotmail, gmail, and godaddy accounts. I love it. I don't even check email on my computer anymore. :)

Archived