People looking for you on google....

Todd Holley

I know I have posted a good many threads over the past few days, but just keep coming up and finding things to discuss. And where better to do it than here?

I have set up and implemented a few video streaming sites using Clip Bucket. Was checking out some traffic reports, and apparently people are typing my forum names in google looking for who knows what. I personally don't like this. I would like to hear some others opinions about this..... they apparently got my name from SoundSolutionsAudio forum. It just bothers me how people can learn so much about you just from a forum name. With sites such as http://www.intelius.com, http://www.anywho.com/, etc. is there even privacy anymore?

Certainly agree with you and the Privacy aspect of it Todd. However I myself have actually found those tools to be useful when it comes to hiring individuals or applying for a job myself, and lets say I want to do a little background on the owner.

Sites like Intelius and Anywho you can't do much about, but to protect yourself you just have to be sure to limit the information you put online. You have to remember anything you put online is available to the public and anyone who might want to few it.

Just my $.02 be careful with what you put online, you never know who might be looking.

It is scary the amount of info you can get about a person, just by googling them.

I pretty much use my own name or my nick/forum name, which I use on here, and it's crazy how the 2 cross match as well.

As said, it is as simple as ensuring you limit what you put online, or if you are going to have personal stuff online, make sure that youre able to secure......... (I would have used Facebooks excellent security policy method here, but in recent light :p)

So...... out of those reading this thread, and posting, how many of us have now gone off and googled the others :grin::grin::grin:

Domain whois is probably the easiest way to find more than enough info on someone, most people have a domain name registered to them these days. Reminds me I need to add privacy to mine! ;)

Oh and Johnny5_Hull I live about 8 miles away from you.

Archived