Tcadmin intermittently locking server out.

Riodan

Greetings all,

Recently we ordered a server from a GSP and got all set up, and ever since they installed the server and what not, we've been getting periodically locked out of our file manager and are unable to log into our server. Rather than mentioning the name of this provider and possibly sullying whatever reputation they may have, I'm simply going to see what things we can do to resolve this here.

They are currently running Tcadmin Enterprise edition.

Symptoms: When the panel first reboots we're fine, after a few hours the error listed below crops up and we end up not being able to access our servers or file manager:

Service ID is not valid. Error: Connection must be opened. SQL Command: SELECT SERVICE_ID, SERVER_ID, DISPLAY_NAME, STARTUP_TYPE, APPLICATION, ARGUMENTS, WORKING_DIRECTORY, PRIORITY, CHECK_RUNNING, SERVER_IP, SERVER_PORT, GP_SERVICE, GAME_ID, USER_ID, SLOTS, USER_FILE_PATH, INTERACT_DESKTOP, AFFINITY, PRIVATE, SERVER_QUERY_PORT, SERVER_RCON_PORT, SAVED_RCON_PASSWORD, AUTOMATION_INSTALL_PATH, PATCH_ID, DELETE_ROOT, ENABLE_LOW_MEMORY, MOD_ID, PARENT_SERVICE_ID, IS_ACTIVE_SWITCH, MAX_RUNNING, IS_PARENT_SERVICE, ENABLE_FILEMAN, ENABLE_FTP, IS_VOICE_SERVER, STOP_DELAY, BILLING_ID, CUSTOM_PORT_1, CUSTOM_PORT_2, CUSTOM_PORT_3, CUSTOM_PORT_4, CUSTOM_PORT_5, BILLING_STATUS, IS_BRANDED, GM_SENT, OVERRIDE_COMMANDLINE, FULL_COMMANDLINE, PRIMARY_SERVICE_ID, FORCE_FTP_FILEMAN_PATH, START_ON_CPU0, CUSTOM_DISPLAY_NAME, GAME_KEY FROM TC_SERVICES WHERE SERVICE_ID = 'TC06467412250232634738640' ORDER BY SERVER_IP, SERVER_PORT

I did some research and found a few posts out there regarding it, AOWC mentioned they needed to resync TCAdmin, another place said a complete reinstall of the panel on the machine, I need some good feedback, so I can at the very least mention it to the provider so we can cease the irritation of getting 1/2 of a day of server up time per day.

Sincerely,

Rio

Archived