Private File Package Installation

CrimsonGT

Hey guys,

just popping in with a quick presale question. Basically I used to work for a GSP for a while and have a fair bit of experience with TCAdmin. I am going to be purchasing my own here shortly and I am curious as to wether or not theres some way for me to install extra packages.

To explain this better, lets say the client can pay an extra 10$ a month when they signup for a server and get some extra files added to their server. Is there some way to automate the installation of this extra package of files when installing their server, or will I have to do it manually after install?

I guess that also poses the question, is it possible to hide files/directories from the client within their working directory? Say the game is cstrike/privatefolder/ and cstrike is their working directory, can privatefolder be made hidden from the client?

Last question I would like to throw out there is, what is generally a good starting place for the Master server? Would it be best to get a VPS initially to run it efficiently and keep costs down? Is there any desktop applications that must be run or could the master server be run from a regular host?

Thanks!

Create a new game with the files already added in the base files :)

In the plugin manager disable showing of hidden files under FTP and File Manager then keep the files hidden by setting the permissions in remote desktop.

Lastly the master server needs an application to be running, 99.9% of shared hosting providers disallow this. You can run gameservers on the same node as your master-server so I would recommend a main server rather than paying some company around £20 - $45 per month :)

• 5 months later...

The setting to disallow FTP and File Manager from seeing hidden files worked well, but I tried creating a mod package with the files inside of it with "hidden" set on them, and they were not hidden anymore when it installed them. Works fine when I manually hide them after install, but zipping them up while they are hidden doesn't work. Any idea why?

The setting to disallow FTP and File Manager from seeing hidden files worked well, but I tried creating a mod package with the files inside of it with "hidden" set on them, and they were not hidden anymore when it installed them. Works fine when I manually hide them after install, but zipping them up while they are hidden doesn't work. Any idea why?

try the install script to change the attributes of the concerned files.

Archived