Game Server Creation

Hi,

I've used TCADMIN in the past but after a long while of not using it and coming back to it I've forgot how it fully works and struggling to get servers to run.

I'm trying CSS, it creates the files however does not execute or run the command line to run the servers in console mode.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong as this how I did it in the past and cannot find a step by step (newb) guide.

All help much appreciated,

Cheers,

James

When I have a problem with the server i do this :

1. Logon through rdcp

2. Make a shortcut to the game executable in the Users files

3. Copy the command line from the tcadmin and paste it in the shortcut

4. Start the server by executing shortcut

If any problem is there you will see it :)

Strange, just done as you said with exact same command line it started fine when I run a shortcut from the desktop

Do you have any extra parameters in TCAdmin you are trying to add to the command line?

Also, check the make sure TCAdmin is trying to execute the right file in the right directory (Possibly a typo somewhere).

Do you have any extra parameters in TCAdmin you are trying to add to the command line?

Also, check the make sure TCAdmin is trying to execute the right file in the right directory (Possibly a typo somewhere).

I removed the extra paremeters and gave that a go with the shortcut this worked, & then in tcadmin which didn't work.

As the executable is srcds.exe I have entered it as that, all the directory settings are correct.

You can post your command line here and let us take a look at it to see if there is anything we see wrong.

Another better option would be for you to take a screen shot of your TCAdmin Service Settings page for that game server so we can look over it and see if there is anything that might be causing the problem.

You can post your command line here and let us take a look at it to see if there is anything we see wrong.

Another better option would be for you to take a screen shot of your TCAdmin Service Settings page for that game server so we can look over it and see if there is anything that might be causing the problem.

Hi,

Thank you for your advice. All seems to be working now, I just got the default CSS config for TCADMIN and re-configured it.

Only problem is the Game Services page is a bit slow, but I don't know whether thats because the MySQL is installed externally (8ms difference) but wouldn't of thought it to be caused like that.

Will have to get MySQL Server installed on the local network in the data centre.

Thanks for the help,

James

Archived