TF2 and TCADMIN issue

pjdaley

I can create a server just fine, and it starts up just fine, as well as play in it just fine!!

My only problem is, tcadmin says it is not responding, and then going through its ordeal, and stops it! What could I be doing wrong?

Guest louise

Hi

When your server is running in the Service Details is the

Service ID: showing a Current PID: ?????

Game query protocols CHANGE from time to time. I have pulled up the TF2 found on the forums and it is using an older query protocol. You need to change the query protocol as has been suggested several times but you never address.

Go to system -> Supported Games -> TF2 details The 12th box down is game compatibility change it to Halflife2 and save.

Since game query protocol change from time to time it would be very wise to remember where it is so you can just ask what the current query protocol is and set it. Or perhaps follow discussion on the forum as many games this is discussed every time it changes.

Also double posting a problem is in VERY poor taste and makes your job harder. You’ve been told not to in the past, please stop. Thanks ;)

Guest louise

Other than what i have put only other thing would be a firewall

I would do the following login to one of your servers navigate to one of the installs

note its TCadmin number

Example

C:\UserFiles\Roscoetaffy\GameServers\TC75318200682014641311837

Then navigate to your tcadmin remote installation

Example

C:\Program Files (x86)\TCAdmin Control Panel\Monitor\Services

Find the service that corresponds with the user ID ( make sure the server is stopped on game panel)

Example

C:\Program Files (x86)\TCAdmin Control Panel\Monitor\Services\TC75318200682014641311837

double click the TCAdminConsole.exe

and see if it starts

Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command

This is the error I get when I do exactly what you said.

Archived