Fast Download service?

gemcneill

I have found a program which can ftp to both your game server and and a ftp/website and compare the files of the game server to a template game server. It will then bzip up all the files that are different from the template and upload them to the web server. I have been running this manually for customers when I realized I could make this into a service and give it to the customer so they can just press start. My only issue is that when the programs ends it says, press any key to continue. I can make the service manual, but the issue would be if they did not press stop, it would stay there. Is there a way to get around this, like for example set a time period and it will kill the service, or some how send a command that will make the program think an key has been sent? I have tried using a batch file but did not work.

George

You could simulate the user input with a VB script using the following written into a simple script... I use the same for manually telnetting to multiple machines on a daily basis...

crt.Screen.WaitForString "it enter to continue:"

crt.Screen.Send "& _" & vbCr

Ok I was able to get around that issue, but now I have another. I have created this as a secondary service and it works fine, but even though I set it to manual, after it finishes, and closes, tcadmin starts it up again. Is there a way to prevent this, to where it will just close and stay stopped until it is started again?

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use