Best GSP Website

JasonF

No offense but having access to the code to search for vulnerabilities is different than guessing what the code is. Not sure how much you really know about the issue you are weighing in on.

edited- I should also mention a secure Linux server is very difficult to break into using simple MySQL exploits. Having root login tied to certain IPs, disabling direct root login and restricting certain php functions will ensure no one gets in.

With all those you previously mentioned, minus mysql/mssql, most of the code IS available, if it is not ioncube/zend encoded for PHP. A hardened Linux server is not "difficult" to break into, a hardened hardware firewall with ips/ids would make it nearly impossible is setup right. I am not sure you really understand how these things work, so I will suggest a little bit more reading on your part, as well as looking through milworm a bit more.

edit- a secure windows server 2008 box with patches, ports closed, etc... is nearly(<--- note the word I used before replying) as secure as a hardened Linux box, I would still much prefer a BSD box for secure info (web server, etc..) than a linux box.

• 1 month later...

Archived