Confused about game server install location

gibservers

Starting up my GSP here, decided to go with TCAdmin since it works with WHMCS. Awesome. One question...

Normally when I run game servers, I create an entirely seperate directory for each server I run. That way there can be seperate mods and plugins for each server.

(Talking about srcds servers here).

From what I can see from messing around with TCAdmin, games are installed in a shared directory, and all use the same cfg files other than a few variables that you can change?

I guess what I'm asking is I thought I could set up a default install for games x,y,z, and give my client access to the cfg, addons, and maps folders. I do see there's a "userfiles" directory that was created... but I'm not really sure what I need to put in here? I've read through all of the documentation (I think =]) and can't really make heads ends of how this is supposed to be configured.

Can anyone point me to a post/pdf/something that shows how to set everything up? I've read the "System Manual," and I have my server set up, and I've installed TF2 and set up a default game... however I can't figure out if I set up another TF2, does TCAdmin require that its supposed to go in the same folder as another client's game? But just use a different server.cfg file?

Asking this since i'm sure some clients will want to install metamod/sourcemod, other clients will want beetlesmod, and again other clients might want mani_admin.

Any advice or direction on this would be greatly appreciated!

(Really, not a n00b!!!)

-James

gamefiles folder contains folders with your initial file setup, IE a full install of the game and any special tweaks you may have done to to make it run better.

TcAdmin then copies the game from the gamefiles folder to userfiles creating a seporate install for each game. You do not need to do anything with userfiles aside from telling tcadmin where you want them stored and messing with them when your clients have a problem with there game server.

I configured a game, and set up a server for it. It didn't copy anything over to the userfiles directory at all. Looks like its using the default install path to run the server, and not anything in the userfiles folder. How can I set it up to use that folder?

• 1 year later...

Archived